Micra 1.0 Tuning

Hello everyone i am the proud owner of a standard 1.0 2000 micra k11 and was just wondering what is the best way to get quite a substantial power gain as the standard 55 bhp just isnt doing it for me at the moment LoL, would i be better upgrading to a cg13de or turbocharging the current engine perhaps, thanks.

upgrading to a cg13de would give you more potential in the long run if you were looking to mod in the future. However Turbo charging the 1 litre will give you a good power gain if done properly.

Thanks i was also thinking about de catting the current exhaust system to chek out the results and carrying out a few other little mods to see how much power gain i get

hi mick (Y) you can get some decent power from the 1.0,s, (70+hp) but only if you rev the nuts off it tho :eek:
is yours the coilpack type or distributor ?

i know, tbh i am startin to think that uprgrading to the 1.3 engine would be a better option especially in the long run but i have limited experience in tuning cars and wouldnt really now were the best place to start is on improving the performance

i know, tbh i am startin to think that uprgrading to the 1.3 engine would be a better option especially in the long run but i have limited experience in tuning cars and wouldnt really now were the best place to start is on improving the performance

the cga (1.4) would be an easier fit (similar coilpack loom, ecu etc) :)

yea i was looking at that engine just last night but just wondering what would i need to undertake such a conversion

in theory it,s a straight swap, pre 2000 1.0,s and 1.3,s have a different loom (dizzy wires etc), whereas yours has the crank sensor and separate coilpack wiring, and single cat type exhaust

frank u r a star haha think i shall go ahead with that sounds pretty simple theoretically although knowing my luck i will hit sum problems haha what sort of turbo wud fit onto a cga 1.4 garret t20 or 25?

frank u r a star haha think i shall go ahead with that sounds pretty simple theoretically although knowing my luck i will hit sum problems haha what sort of turbo wud fit onto a cga 1.4 garret t20 or 25?

i dont know mick, :wasntme: your best to checkout any turbo blogs really, and the only hassle i can think of is that the 1.4 injectors are a topfeed type and may have slightly different connector plugs/wiring to yours :)

just noticed that myself as i was wondering why there air filter box was mounted to the side rather than on top i think thats due to the positioning of the injector rail

Back