Locating imported CG13?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I actually contacted you a little while back but heard no response.

I've got a spare CG13 in pieces and could change things over but might be a bit overwhelming for someone who's never really touched the innards of an engine past changing the hydraulic tensioners and other little bits and pieces ;) Don't spose you come across too many CG13's that you won't be using?

---dens

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"I actually contacted you a little while back but heard no response.<BR><BR>I've got a spare CG13 in pieces and <EM>could</EM> change things over but might be a bit overwhelming for someone who's never really touched the innards of an engine past changing the hydraulic tensioners and other little bits and pieces ;) Don't spose you come across too many CG13's that you won't be using?<BR><BR>---dens

Sorry my Dad does the emails for the buisness, he is not the best with computers..
We only have Aus cg13's, its probably not worth changing the internals for that cg10. if i get any jap import cg13's let you know.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Sweet, thanks mate. PM'ing me goes to the email address I use most often so best to contact me via there if something does come up :)

Thanks!

Frank: What compression ratio would be expected from putting the 1.3 gear into the 1.0 block? I thought the block itself was the same but just had a shorter stroke on it (80.5 mm on CG13 vs 63mm on CG10) - compression ratios were the same on each.

---dens

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dens

i,ve heard 11:1 mentioned, the pistons are the same dimensions, just dished or not eh
i did it to my 1.0 engine, but could,nt budge the gudgeon pins, and ended up leaving the 1.3 pistons on (its handy for insurance and log book purposes)

frank

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
I may also be interested in a import cg13de. Something that doesn't have timing chain noise and use as much fuel as mine..
If anyone can recommend a good place to deal with ideally in Brisbane/Gold Coast that would be great..

Thanks
qwerty132

Back