K13 P1650 PSP switch out of self test range

Hi Folks,
Just changed from a K12 to a K13 tekna dig-s cvt
Has not been run much - all good except the start stop has a error and throws up a EML light
I have charged up the battery and the the star stop works a couple of times - then get error message start.stop and it no longer turns off engine when stationary.

Plugged in the reader and i get
P1650
Control unit : Engine control unit
PSP Switch Out of self test Range
PSP Switch Out of self test Range
present during this drive cycle

There are sooo many red herrings out there on the web

I think it must be something to do with the battery (65ah 650A)not having high enough charge.
Battery less than a year old but can it loose its oomph ( techinical) if not used in that period?

Perhaps alternator? Can I test with a multimeter?

Any thoughts ?

Defo more of a car than the 2007 K12 - but perhaps more things to fail and keep me busy.

Thanks in advance.

Oz bodger

That is warranty job for the retail dealer to sort out to comply with their legal responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act law.

The dealer will fob you off with their crap irrelevant warranty limited terms & conditions to avoid their legal responsibility according the Sale Of Goods Acts UK laws.

They are legally responsible to sort it. I would reject the vehicle asap in formal written notice of intended legal action otherwise you may be legally timed out by their intended foot dragging & demand a full refund.

As always do your own research. ;)

Sale of Goods acts/Cars at DuckDuckGo

Sorry to hear that as most folks buy loads of money K13 tekna dig-s cvt type vehicles via dealers in order to get Sale Of Goods Acts legal protection against problematic vehicles that have been traded in with complex faults.

Good luck. ;)

Just FYI in case someone reads this in the future - - now the car has had plenty of runs and battery is fully charged etc - I no longer seem to get the error code. I suspect/hope it was due to the sitting inactive for some time triggered the error message. It never effected steering or anything else.

Back