k12 2003 1.2 locked car and flat battery

Hi all im john and I've owned my micra for about two years and never had a problem till now so never needed to join a forum, my problem is I got a new job a year ago and a company vehicle so my micra has been sat on the drive but have been starting it every couple of months with no problems and starting straight away but my girlfriend is currently doing her driving test so I decided to get the car ready for its mot but the battery has gone flat, I went to use the emergency key entry on the passenger door but looks like someone has tried to break in before I owned the car and ruined the lock so I cant get in, would anyone here have any ideas what my options are now?
Many thanks, John

Could really do with some help, I've looked on tinternet n looks like I will have to go underneath and put a live on the starter n earth it but dont know where the starter is?

yes the starter is at the back of the engine eh, you will need to jack the nearside up and connect the + lead to the starter terminal (which is a constant live) :)

Cheers lads, do you think this is my only option to getting my car unlocked? Gonna need to find some long jump cables as I've parked it pasenger side tight up to a fence so I can fit my wood chipper in my drive

best jack the front-end up then really eh, the alternator is another option, but its terminal looks very enclosed/confined by the exh mani tho eh

Many thanks for the help chaps, I won't have time to do anything about until the weekend now with it being dark nights, I do have another problem with the engine management light which I think is one of the lambda sensor but I'll worry about that once I get the car running again, thanks again peeps ;-)

go to the passenger side door, there should be a cover that slides off. use your key in there to get the car open. did this for a mate the other day. i work at a garage so had easy access to a jump pack. hope that helps a wee bit.

Thanks johnny but I tried that already, looks like someone has tried to break into the car at some point and ruined the lock n won't work, was gonna try and move the bonnet lock by hand but my arms aren't long enough and the rad is in the way, trying to get hold of a battery pack at min then need to find the starter motor

Back