K11 vs. K11C.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
To stop us buggering around in Zed's thread, while he's selling his car.
What do you think ie better, and why?

bUAs1997-1998-1999-nissan-micra-k11c-xenon-fog-lamps-drivin.jpg

Nissan_Micra_(K11)_front.jpg

Preface looks infinitely better. There are some nice facelifts on here no doubt but the preface looks so much meaner, especially when low down with wide wheels.

To add, coilpacks generally making modding harder too. More power from the factory but you're restricted with what you can do (or so I've heard)

MaxK11c, i read in the thread you're interested in reliability - honestly, a K11 will go on forever too. You're gonna pay top dolla for a K11C, you'll get an equal spec K11 for half the price which means more money for mods :D

To add, coilpacks generally making modding harder too. More power from the factory but you're restricted with what you can do (or so I've heard)

MaxK11c, i read in the thread you're interested in reliability - honestly, a K11 will go on forever too. You're gonna pay top dolla for a K11C, you'll get an equal spec K11 for half the price which means more money for mods :D
Yes, that is very true. I mean from stock, the k11 looks a little cheap and plasticy, but I agree can look so much better than the k11c, but the k11c looks better stock.... Not that it should stay that way anyway ;)

Cant say as i found having a Coilpack has mad modding hard, its just that there are not that many on here so no one is really sure what works and what goes where and how (frank has been a great help in this department) I personally prefer the facelift facelift, better headlights IMO, but thats just me :)

The K11C is seen as harder to mod because the restrictive nature of the OEM ECU makes bodging things a huge challenge.

The K11C is seen as harder to mod because the restrictive nature of the OEM ECU makes bodging things a huge challenge.
probably just that less "testing" has been done to coilpack k11,s, its taken till 2012 for someone to actually fit a 1.4 engine into a 1.0 !
i reckon they have a lot of potential personally :)

probably just that less "testing" has been done to coilpack k11,s, its taken till 2012 for someone to actually fit a 1.4 engine into a 1.0 !
i reckon they have a lot of potential personally :)

Totally, I reckon there's a lot too.

It's also taken me, (due to being overseas), until 2013 to get a CGA3 to a level high enough to try and see what the potentials are.

Counting down the days until we're back in the UK and can actually start 'doing' things again :)

The only thing I don't like about the k11c is the Chrome grill. It looks cheap and nasty. Needs more BLLAAAAAAAACKKK.
Mighty Car Mods anyone? :p.

I own a facelift & I love it (98-00 pre coilpack version) but agree the pre f/ls look pretty awesome when done right. It's all just preference.

The thing to watch for with tge pre f/ls is obviously being older, finding one with decent body work can be a challenge but in no way impossible.

If the chrome grilles is your biggest turn off with the face lifts they're easily painted.

Perhaps an idea would be to go for a facelift, have a play. If you're not happy with the looks you could pre facelift the front at a later stage. It's been done on here before and actually doesn't look as complex as it sounds...

Apart from the front ends & the dash everything else is pretty much the same as far as I can see?...

And the wiring for the headlamps. But yeah, seen the grill paibted on here before, looks really effective.

yeah in silver the thing that does my tits in is there's no rear wiper :mad:
I've never had a problem with no rear wiper.

Also on the K11vsK11c I'll always choose a pre-facelift.

I quite like the first facelift around 1998?

But I think the K11c is slightly out of proportion on the front end. Big lights and big grille with an ugly bumper design.

I will always have a soft spot for Pre facelift, mainly because this was mine:

128418205_9007adf831_b.jpg

I miss it :(

Edit: more pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/james-msc/sets/72057594106951772/

LOL, old Skool! Check out the Corolla that's not buried in 5 years worth of hedgerow and is now restored and on the road.

Also noted the pre-facelift grill that somehow managed to find it's way into your old SR. To the old git K11 owners among us that's a facelift :rolleyes:

There was a reason for it having the pre-96 grille on, it had been in a front-on accident and I hadn't been informed!

k11 c is the second facelift.. With the stupid front bumper.
As standard i prefer pre facelifts, but with a little work i love facelifts.
2012-04-26160242.jpg

God i miss that car...

2012-10-13123820.jpg

Just been thinking about this again today, and I think the prefacelift will age better, and has more Chance of being a cult classic. Doesn't change my opinion... Facelifts ftw.

Back