K10 reverse light switch

B210Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Mine has busted and need a replacement. Anyone have one off a knackered transmission? ebay produced no results (well, two sold a wee while ago), dealer not interested usual story.

Also posted in wanted, as you can see I need a new one pronto as the existing one is not sealing properly. :(

Cheers.

I was a silly ######, should have left it alone rather than diving in. Last guy broke the plastic seal in several places and glued it and remounted, guess I will have to drain everything again and pull it out and glue it again. Grr at Nissan for putting a flimsy part in an exposed area.

Shaun: where are the scrappies as I need some window trim and a few other bits and pieces.

sorry to drag this up but I ended up buying one NOS but it also broke when I was inserting it! NOS also means old plastic. I reckon the problem is not the switch unit plate but the rocker just inside, but there is no way I could figure to get that out and test it without opening up the gearbox. Compared to my Datsun 120y the reverse switch on the micra is badly designed junk. :glare:

When I broke mine I used a pre 98 k11 switch, worked fine. The roller inside is easy enough to get out. Stick the car in reverse before you start removing the switch and a pair of long nose plier and a steady hand should see it out, same with refitting. And scrappys will give you one for around 5 quid but thierd rather you have the gearbox instead of leaving a hole in it. Ill have a hunt in my garage for you tomorrow and see if I can find you one.

reverse light switch

Hi , you are allowed to have a manual reverse light swithch on the dashboard as long as it lights up as a warning. You could use the space where the manual choke would go below the steering wheel on the left hand side.

Back