K10 CG engine conversion

superls

K10 Tuner
Thought id put this in its own thread so it gets more notice.

i have for sale my K10 CG conversion stuff

included is everything you need to do the conversion apart from the engine as its knackered.
what i did was i used the k10 gearbox, and 2 mountings, meaning the drive shafts and gear linkage didnt need changing or modifying. the only mod that needs doing is the 3 bolt holes int he top side of the gearbox need opening up to about 11mm.

this conversion kit consists of the following

drivers engine mount. £20 (this is custom made to allow the cg engine to utalize the k10 drivers side chassis mounting, 1 for ease of putting standard engine in, 2 for the stock look)

k10 dizzy, adapting collar, and adjuster/adapter plate. £20 (this was also custom made to allow the k10 dizzy to be fitted into the CG engine so the standerd k10 ignition circuit could be used, again for ease of converison and no modding to original car,wiring needed)

carb adapter plate, to fit k10 carb onto cg inlet manifold, inc fixings. £10 (pretty self explanatry, fit the k10 carb to the cg inlet manifold, again for ease of converison, no custom inlet manifold needed)

electric fuel pump, comes with all wiring, control relay, wiring diagram, crude but effective custom adjustable fuel pressure regulator with gauge. £40 (again this is self explanatry, the cg engine has no mechanical fuel pump so needs an electric one, this was bought brand new from a weber spechalist shop and has only covered around 5k miles)

heater pipes, rad pipes all extra bits. £5 (all the extra little bits you will need, such as the custom heater pipes, custom altenator bracket etc, even the modified jets to put in your k10 carb to get it to run spot on.)

all the above conversion stuff, everything you need, (less an engine) to do a cg conversion special offer £80 to go, perfect if you want a easy cg conversion

Superls

sorry pal, this thread is 2 and a half years old, all that stuff went ages ago, sorry

what do you need help with?

Converting K11 engine to run without multi point injection, building a K11 for my 11year old son to race in Junior Rods and can only have carb or single point injection.
Have picked up a K10 carb and manifold, and was looking for K10 distributor and came across your thread.
So in short carb adaptor plate and K10 distributor and conversion bits - basically all you had for sale all those years ago!!

funnily enough on my white board i still have the 'engineering' drawing of the dizzy adapter, cos i drew it in permenant marker and never rubbed it off lol, so at a push i could make one of those, but the other bits i cant help with sorry

i have the parts that i bought from this thread. they are all for sale if your interested. i have twin weber 36 dcnfs and the modded dizzy and i also have very lkight weight flywheel ect and all the mounts :D

Yeah defo interested in all items apart from the carbs - racing for 11 year olds the other Dads will get a bit upset if I put those on!! Do you have inlet manifold adaptor as well? If you can send me your number I can call you to arrange? Or if you prefer I can give you my number?

funnily enough on my white board i still have the 'engineering' drawing of the dizzy adapter, cos i drew it in permenant marker and never rubbed it off lol, so at a push i could make one of those, but the other bits i cant help with sorry
Hi, you mentioned you may be able to make the dizzy adaptor, would this still be possible an if so how much/when could you make it? Thanks in advance

Hi, you mentioned you may be able to make the dizzy adaptor, would this still be possible an if so how much/when could you make it? Thanks in advance

i can only make the collar to adapt a k10 dizzy into a k11 engine, you will need to sort something out to bolt it to the engine and give adjustment, price will be £30+p'n'p 1 week turnaround

Back