JUST A WONDERFUL LITTLE CAR

Hello Everyone,

I bought a 2012 Micra K13 (engine HR12DE) in August 2022. My wife and I needed a second car by necessity (having moved out of town to the countryside), and having limited financial resources I was happy to buy any piece of crap that would not cost too much, and get me from A to B.

At first I treated the car with little regard - after all it was a piece of crap for getting me around. Needless to say that, with time, I have discovered that it is a wonderful little car. After treating it to new oil and an air filter, it has responded accordingly and I find myself smiling as I get the revs high along the country roads. I cannot believe a 3 cylinder 1.2 would be quite so "nippy", yet if I need to keep fuel consumption low I can achieve this too, if I drive moderately.

The car seems to give me everything I need, and more. I am 6.6" yet I still fit in the car with plenty of headroom. I can jack the car up safely and it is easy to work on. I can replace the oil and filter in no time, and even managed to replace the drum wheel bearings. It's encouraging me to learn new things about how cars work and how to maintain a car to get the most out of its service life.

I have decided to look after the car because it has been faithful, and with 50k on the clock my feeling is that I have a long relationship to enjoy, and some pretty cheap motoring (hopefully).

I have never been quite so enamoured by a car - does anyone else get where I am coming from?

Cheers

My sentiments exactly regarding my 25 years banger Micra driving in two K10s & my current 1998 K11 Micra.

Everything just keeps going as it should with no worries or unexpected expenses with only my simple DIY routine maintenance efforts.

Enjoy minimal hassle cheap as chips motoring about as good as it gets these days? :)

Last edited:
Back