• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

It was a happy day!

artuan00

Buy & Sell Member
Hi guys,

So yeah yesterday was a happy day.. I brought my second Micra after being away from them for a couple of years.

In that time I've had the following;

Pug 106 Quiksilver
Seat Leon S
Vauxhall Astra 1.8
2 Saxos (LOL)
Mazda 121 <- Fake Ford Fiesta
Honda Civic MB2
Volvo V70 2.5T
VW Golf Mk4
Honda Civic Coupe EJ2
BMW 316i E36

But now i'm BACK!

So I picked this gem up last night for £300 with near enough a years MOT and tax until end of April.
She is a 1 Litre 'S' (Though I can't see any factory extras?)

I believe the previous owner colour coded the bumpers and strips as the paint seems to be flaking on the rear bumper.

20130223_114200_zps57093da6.jpg

20130223_114217_zps03182a7c.jpg

20130223_114210_zps90890351.jpg

Couple of bad bits;
Has the typical micra driveshaft destruction.
The black bit on the boot is not attached properly
Fans only start blowing on number 4

Plans:
Lows (Of course) - Trying to think of a good set up here for lows and a slight bit of comfort. I've heard a lot about corsa b shocks and matiz springs or something. Someone shed some light :)
Wheels - Not sure here. I had Wellars on my Mazda/Fiesta and it was a good look. (Was red too :D) See Here and Here
Dechrome Headlights where possible
Oval Repeaters (Is this facelift standard?)
Tinted Rear Windows
Maybe a SuperS Kit if I could find one
Backbox to please my inner child as theres no point spending lots on a full system for a 998cc

Thats really all I can think of at the moment. Happy days!

Cool.

We'll have to have a low red Micra over Wellers club meet at some point. I'm only just down the coast in Chichester too.

Did you go from your first Micra straight to a 106 Quiksilver and notice how TERRIBLE those things are? I went from a Micra to a Quiksilver, granted, the Quiksilver looks the nuts but they're awful to drive eh!

Glad we've grabbed another member back! And a red car too :D

Yeah the quiksilver was terrible. And the previous owned had lowered the rear only so it used to hop and skip round corners.

Depends if i can find some 4x100 wellars as my old set is 4x108

Chav couldn't afford lowering springs.

Fail.

Yep. Typical french car owner ;)

No updates as of yet. Gathering some parts.

Have an induction kit with cold air feed. 10mm Wheel Spacers (Just incase). Sourcing some specific wheels though this is a suprise ;). Also looking for a different grill, maybe a NISMO one but they're upwards of £70 at the moment.

Does anyone have some information on the Corsa/Matiz suspension setup?

Back