is this possible?

Having recently driven a auto micra with power steering i can say, you cant get anything more easy to drive...though i also prefer no power steering and a manual :D

But yeah as said yit is possible.

k cheers guys and yer the steering is light enough without i can move about with one hand anyway, quite right for girls lol :p
oj!

I have never driven a non PAS Micra but normally a PAS car has a quicker rack (fewer tarns lock to locK) which makes for quicker driving in twisty roads. I would expect the Micra to be no exception. I wouldn't be without it on my Rally Micra on tarmac although I doubt if you would want it in the forests.

As for PAS being for girls try telling that to any of the WRC guys!

i find the micra PAS a little twitchy compared to the normal steering rack...but maybe thats just because im used to my super s one. :)

The only other micra i drove with PAS (a car i was thinking of buying) felt like when i was turning the wheel, instructions were being sent to someone hiding in the engine bay (string attached to their ears for example :laugh:) who in turn was doing the steering...very bad and quite scary (only drove it at low speed aswell), suppose it felt abit like driving a dodgem car...that car was questionable though so it was probably just ######ed. :D

I enjoy PAS, after going from my Super S to a facelift.

You can turn the corners faster and more nimbly, handling feels better.. although I will admit this; when you're turning fast at roundabouts, you can't actually feel when the steering is going to lose it or skid out, cos it's always light.

With no PAS you can feel when it's about to lose it.

But I prefer PAS anyway.

Back