Intermittent Battery Light & Rattle - Please help if you can?

Hey guys and girls,

My girlfriend has recently purchased a 'W' reg Nissan Micra 1.3 inspiration... It has a full Nissan service history / upto date MOT and 2,600 (yep 2,600) miles on the clock.

It drives fine, no weird noises on start up, engine sounds good, brakes are fine - etc... Everything is good - we've driven it about and there is nothing that makes us worry about the car as a whole... Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Problems that we are having are:

- There is a "stone in a tin can" rattle when she is driving. I've looked on this site and I've checked the exhaust and the Heat Shield.. they are fine. Garage said it could be the drivetrain or the CV joint but i fail to see how on such a low mileage car.

- The battery light came on (then went off, then came on...) as she was driving home the other night. We've had the car for a couple of weeks and not had a problem. I have a feeling it could be to do with the aftermarket HU I installed and maybe an Earthing problem? Either that or the Battery is nearly 10 years old and just needs replacing? I haven't had chance to check the alternator yet...

Any advice / solutions would be greatly appreciated. (Y)

Thanks.

Cheers garymitch... I'll see if i can check the reading coming from the alternator when I get chance. Does anyone know if you have to earth the headunit? I thought that most units earth through the aerial?

Back