Induction kit or primera box?

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys/gals. I am going to be getting myself another 1.0 k11 in a week or so. I had an induction filter on 1 of my last micra's which was a 1.0, it was basically just a a cone filter over the throttle body. This was already fitted when I bought the car, and I aint sure it increased performance, but the it sounded nice. But to be honest I dont really care too much about the sound, I just want an increase in performance. I've been told that by replacing the spark plugs with ngk's and replacing the the standard airbox with a nissan primera box and getting a decent air filter in there, then changing the oil filter with a k&n 1 will give me a slight increases in performance. Is this true? I just want a cheap way of increasing performance and I know a bigger airbox means better air filtration and more air which in turn means more performance. I will be getting a cherry bomb backbox fitted so thats the sound sorted! Any advice guys/gals? Thanks in advance. And sorry for the mini essay! I just like to be thorough!

Ryan.

A lot of people use the GA16 airbox from the Almera including myself.

I had a K&N which boiled on top of the TB, made the car sound like a chav wagon and it probably didn't help too much.

I don't drive the car hard at all so I rarely see the benefit of the airbox, but others say it does help.

I can't see an oil filter improving performance, just stick to a £3 one from local euro car aprts or something.

Back