induction kit and back box...

hey guys, which back box and induction would be best for performance on my 1.0l micra? how much diference woul it make? and which would make the mopst noise?

A K&N Panel filter would probably be best for performance, but for noise, the cone filter would be best.

I have one for sale in the buy&sell section.

if you have the £££'s go for a pannel filter like said above.janspeed 4-2-1 manifold and a 2" bore stainless steel centre section with decat.and a 4" jap can fit perfect into the rear bumper ..

thats about the best system to get n/a

The back box isn't going to make a difference without manifold and decat and mid pipes etc. As it's still being restricted by the rest of the system. If you want performance you're better off getting a panel filter and a manifold

i got a 1ltr same as you, just recently put an induction kit on it..is fairly loud, i would say i am a bit disapointed by it as i thought it would be alot louder, there is def a bit more of a roar when ya put your foot down..

but they are 50 quid new, so might be better for you to by one cheaper, if someone is selling one here..

i got a 1ltr same as you, just recently put an induction kit on it..is fairly loud, i would say i am a bit disapointed by it as i thought it would be alot louder, there is def a bit more of a roar when ya put your foot down..

but they are 50 quid new, so might be better for you to by one cheaper, if someone is selling one here..

qwhy were you expecting large gains on a 1.0l from a filter? :s.

People have to start realising, there is no cheap way to go faster. If you want speed, your gonna have to fork out for it, or put a crap load of work in yourself, like changing engines etc, and if you can weld an exhuast manifold for yourself then great. But it's never gonna be cheap or easy.

i have a k&n panel filter for my 1.0L k11 micra. the car feels faster due to more responsiveness and is louder, especially when the engine is cold, however it isn't that loud at all compared to a friends xscara and a friends 306, both 1.4s with cone filters, still but worth 35quid ish (thats what mine cost). im not sure if its not so loud due to the small engine or just becuase i am still using the standard box, however my insurance is stil vaild, unlike a bad-ass cone (even tho they are very kool).

a back box alone wud just make a noise, but the filter makes the engine much more responsive, and so it feels faster, as well as making it sound beefier:grinning:

a back box is anything wud increase bhp by a tiny amout, as the rest of the exhaust will be restricting air flow. back boxes just make the car sound good:)

fitting a cone filter??

hi,
I have just brought this off of ebay

it says it's universal do i just take of the factory fitted box and attach this with a jubulie clip.?

hi,
I have just brought this off of ebay

it says it's universal do i just take of the factory fitted box and attach this with a jubulie clip.?

using search button:) i like it.
but this thread is 16 months old.
that's the easiest way to fit it, or you could look into silicon bends and alloy pipes etc to locate it wherever you want.

i bought a cheap ripspeed cone filter and brought it to the front of the car. As for backbox.......Ashley backbox has a lovely sound and go's well with a janspeed manifold for a bit more power

Back