Important advice

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Not really anyway im at the moment giving carefull consideration to an offer made on my yellow micra offer been £1000 yes I know its a good offer as its just an R reg but still i have to consider it, aback to my question im going to buy a front end smash 2000 cat c micra (pics to follow) now its done only 32k miles so thats a bonus and worth repairing plus its only £450. Now I have never been a lover of the facelift front end of the micra it just is to bland and leaves very little scope to do anything with......I have however 1 new full front cross member from the pre facelift along with wings and bumbers and bonnet lights ect ,Would i be able to turn the clock back as they say and use pre facelift parts to rebuild a facelift micra has anyone done this allready and if so how hard was it.....im presuming that everything fits straight on with very little or no fabrication as the front end needs cut away anyhow......

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 212
as far as im aware...you can change the front end to the "original" way...all youve got to do is replace the bonnet, wings, bumpers, headlights etc parts you say youve already got...everything just bolts on and ive heard is dead easy to do, something id tend to believe.

So i short...Yes.

Nice one thats what i like to hear all thats left to do is sell my yellow k11 you have just tiped the scales for me to say yes to a grand for my car.....

hope it all goes to plan :) gotta say ive never personally seen it done, so will be interesting to see if its as easy as ive heard it is.

shame you don't want to sell the indicator wiring :p I'd love the cables, don't suppose theres another w-reg to Y reg?

japseye

is there any chassis damage ! . my super s was just like that car looks and i had to jig the os leg.

I'll be doing a prefacelift conversion too in the near future, any idea what happens with the bonnet catch? Does anything need changing/modifying?

ive seen a pre facelift changed to facelift and it had to have wings, bonnet, bumper, full cross member bonet catch, headlights, grille and some silly little bits like bulb holders etc...

the slam panel on the facelift is lower so that needs changing so easier to put complete cross member assembly in its place.......I havent bought the car shown as i need mine sold first.the only reason i would do what im doing is that i have all the parts needed so it would make no sence to buy parts and keep the facelift look. as for jigging it can be done with chains and jaws if not to crumpelled done this many times in the past and as its a cat c or d it shouldnt be to bad......

just bought a corsa instead tonight so the previous dont count now but cheers mates

the slam panel on the facelift is lower so that needs changing

This is wrong..

Ive done the conversion twice now..

easy peasy.. take off the panels and replace.. all you need to do is grind a notch away from the slam panel support bar..

...and if your too scared to do this.. use a prefaclift slam panel support bar..

done..

how is it wrong the front panel is differant from pre facelift. and who,s scared not me its all a waste anyway as i said earlier ive ditched that idea and bought a vauxhall corsa

how is it wrong the front panel is differant from pre facelift. and who,s scared not me its all a waste anyway as i said earlier ive ditched that idea and bought a vauxhall corsa

the front panels are the same, as kristian said, the only difference is the support bar the the latch bolts to.

its makes no never mind now the idea is ditched so point taken there the same, it dont take post after post to point something out as trivial as a slam panel life is to short.

Rather than start another topic on this..

I have a bonnet, grill and the headlights.
Now I'm after wings and a bumper, I'll be calling some scrappies tomorrow, hopefully i can find them in my colour..

Is there anything else i need for the prefacelift conversion?
Bulb holders? Anything?

As for the lights, is it as easy as unplugging the facelifts and plugging in the prefacelifts, or does the wiring need altering at all?

Back