hi

CMF_micramike

» CMF Member
hi im new,another uk member from south scotland,just bought my 1st nissan micra 1.0 L 16v,bit of a comedown in power as im used to audi 90 2.3 20v with about 200bhp,but as my carbon footprint was gettin ever larger with the audi i thought it was about time to become economical,while my audi gets a 2.2 turbo conversion lol d:)

anyways on that note how can i achieve some extra horses from the 55 that already exist, wud i be correct in saying my engine code is cg10de????

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes thats the code mate. 1.0L = cg10de and the 1.3L version = cg13de.

bit more horsepower but not going to mad:

induction kit
larger TB - ga15 direct replacment
remove your cats
get some 4-2-1 extractors

alternativley go for a cheap turbo setup. no messing around wit the internals, just a bolt on job.

and of course there is the most talked about 'big power improvement'....swap the engine over to a 1.3L, cg13de. that was my 1st step.

CMF_micramike

» CMF Member
straight bolt on turbo,is that possible???need details please???

yeah induction kit is easy,throttle bodies are rare!!
probably get away with the 1st cat but ive been told that removal of the 2nd cat will fail mot!! its great coming over to the jap side of things,sooo many extras for the motors but i feel like a traitor lol

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
Thers kits about but you still need to modify things, cut away bits of chassis etc. buy a turbo, install it with an intercooler and make up all the pipework. run a greddy Emanage or something similar and run it on low boost. you still get loads more power. but not enough to blow up your engine.

Tb's aint really rare just go to a nissan scrappies/wrekers. M.O.T lol, just got to know the right people then lol, again tho this can be made easy, when you get the exhaust made up, get a center piece that you can remove yourself and replace it with a 'cat' for the M.O.T

Back