G'day, i'm new.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
About 3 weeks ago I passed my licence test and that evening picked up my first car. A stock, Forest Green 1995 Micra LX.

I looked at about half a dozen cars before settling on it (from an R31 Silhouette to an AE82 Corolla) but I'm really happy I was patient enough before I got this.

I've been up to the hills quite a few times since I've gotten it and I'm already planning handling "upgrades" I guess you could say. I've been silently reading the site and the forums here for tips and general advice, and I have to thank you for this awesome resource cisco.

I really haven't done a whole lot of work on cars by myself, so today was an interesting learning experience for me. I wired up my first head unit. I couldn't have done it without Yom's guide on the wiring, either. Soldered up all the wires, heatshrunk, grounded it all and it worked perfect first time.

First things to be changed will be the stock front & rear swaybar, as well as getting camber bolts for the fronts. Some new tyres after that and then who knows :p My main spending used to go into my PCs, but I fear my car is going to be a huge drain on funds in comparison :)

Anyway i've already had heaps of fun with this car, hopefully it'll serve me for years to come.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Anode/Micra/DCP_1817.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Anode/Micra/DCP_1816.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Anode/Micra/DCP_1815.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Anode/Micra/DCP_1814.jpg

Thanks again,

---dens

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Mmmm. Shes a looker :D

First 'mod' I ever did was get rid of the 16 Valve stickers on the sides. Seriously, why would anyone wanna know that you have 16 valves these days? ;) Easy to remove, just dont use anything thatll damage the paint.

Congrats on the purchase! Also, I'd upgrade the tyres + wheels before putting fancy suspension and handling upgrades in it, as a good set of wide tyres will grip better than those standard 13" ones you have at the moment! And for your own protection, if you are going to be driving stupid, upgrade the brakes to some pulsar ones and/or pinch an ABS kit off a Super S. I hate the statistic on P plate drivers and fear the day i see a Micra + P plater crashed! :>

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hi DeNs and welcome to the site. Not only have you got yourself a really special little car in the Micra, but you have also just entered a very pleasant world in here with nice helpful people. Don't the dark green micras always look shiny? hehehe

Anyways, welcome. :)

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Welcome DeNs. Car looks very clean and I am sure you will have many years of fun in your Micra.
I would definately look at upgrading the front brakes to Nissan Pulsar N13 ( direct bolt on) and wider rim/tyre. Even going to 14" will make a world of differance.
A Whiteline Hd sway bar up front and an adjustable rear panhard rod at the back.This will give you a good basic handling kit and I would then look at a cold air intake and a set of extractors.
If you then want to go further look at a lightweight flywheel,maybe an upgraded chip.
You will then have a zippy Micra. After that well come over to the dark side totally via a turbo upgrade.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Hey mate, welcome

I'm from Melbourne as well and have a turbo micra with pretty much all the whiteline gear, and am stripping it all off and returning it to standard...so will have a buttload of handling/engine parts to unload if you're interested, let me know

can get me on msn - [email protected]

Cheers

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Wow thanks for the very warm welcome :) Who better to get advice from than those who have done it all before. Heh.

Toma: Yeah, should get rid of those. This car isn't without some body faults though. Car seems to have been in a front end in some time in its life, as the engine wasn't the original and neither is the radiator support. The bonnet was a very bad respray and its fading + peeling.

I have a good friend who can help me out with that respray.

The passenger side door has a knock down the side of it from the previous owner when it hit a side gate. That and the bonnet (with me helping out with some of the sanding jobs) should set me back about 200 in repairs. Not too bad really.

Micragirl: Thank you :)

Family Hack: Definitely. I've been looking for some replacement brakes already. But i've taken the other advice onboard as well. I've been looking for 14's and 15's on Pulsar Forums, MX5 forums, etc. and i've even looked at some Starcorp rims a guy was selling on here, but decided not to get them. I've already called up bursons and gotten quotes for whiteline parts.

Aaron: Damn man, that's some awesome timing. I'm interested for sure. I've added you on MSN.

Thanks again all,

---dens

Back