Fuel Leak problem?

My car is on my drive at a stand still atm whilst i do my driving test, and every time you go to it, it stinks of fuel. There are no visible leaks on the floor or around the engine. Also now it won't start after leaving it for about 2 weeks and the fuel gauge has gone down a considerable amount. Was thinking throttle Body? Any suggestions?

I split a tiny pipe underneath my Micra so didn't smell a leak whilst driving but dropped fuel under pressure whilst driving.

How often do you start the car and how often does it go out?

My small giant split

Attachments

• 1404676044820.jpg
    1404676044820.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 295
I was starting it every few days or so but leave it running around 10-15 mins to give it time to warm up and everything, but then I left it for a while and now it won't start

When you start a car from cold it dumps alot of fuel in the cylinders initially. If you do this regularly then it may not be clearing fully as although your warming the car up water wise(as that's what the dial uses) the actually engine and parts may not be. I would suggest it needs a run. The non starting may well be just a lowish battery as it takes a lot to start the car.

Starting it is a good thing to keep the engine moving and battery going. Just try not to worry to much about the fuel smell until you are rolling in her then see if it is the same

Same boat as me mate got a car but no license lol I start mine nearly ever day for 20mins or so and take the neg lead off while I'm not working on him to save the battery life

Back