fitting janspeed manifold

Broony

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Just woundering is there a guid on what to do/look out for? after undoing the bolts does it come apart easily or will i have to take front bumper off ect.

Easier getting a garage to do it or better offdoing it myself??

Cheers

rather stright forward to do really i did mine on my car with a mate down his garage but we had to take out the alternator to get the new manifold in. i used the janspeed manifold that i brought from someone off here. the manifold was in two halfs and you will mostprob need to replace the flanges otherwise your manifold will blow.

advantage of going to a garage is that they can get down under the car easier to connect it up the new manifold and to take off the old 1

take out the sensor in the manifold and there should be a new whole to put the sensor in the manifold. take ur time with it and you cant go wrong.

by flanges do you mean the gaskets? when removing the alternater does it matter how the belt goes back on? i.e. timing etc.
cheers

if your determind enough, you don't need to remove the alternator, ive done a janspeed half a dozen times. You'll probably bleed from the knuckles though.

Unfortunately it's one of the guides that never came about. If some one could do a guide and host it on the MSC that would be great :)

yeah i ment gaskets, i tried to fit mine without taking the alternator out but i gave up as it was annoying me so as it was only 3 bolts thought i would take it out. it doesnt matter how the belt goes back on as i just put mine back on again after i took it off

well when i come to do mine i will take photos and write a guide on how i done it haha lol

Make sure that you have put the joins on the 2-1 collector securely, if these arenm't on tight you can't get it to fit and it'll make your whole exhaust hang wrong, simple enough job if you take your time.

the bolt on the original exhaust may be badly corroded and need grinding off, like on two micras i've done. the ones into the downpipe and the ones into the cat seem to suffer the most.

The (2ndary) cat bolts are a bit of a joke, after the first time I did mine, I never bothered unbolting the primary cat, took the whole lot out as one.

instead of hack sawing off the bolts and the rest you can get pluse gas that helps. you can also use a heat gun (bottle of gas) form halfords I think is only 5 to 10 pound

nah i aint got de-cat as i want mot leagal, im gonna have a look see what needs doing as i think i might need new bolts for the down pipe - any ideas where to get from?

it may still fail mot. not all 1.3 k11 seem to pass, because the janspeed removes the front cat. then bolts upto the second, where you may struggle with the bolts;)

my old downpipe bolt was really seized on so i angle grinded it off.
instead of going to nissan for the bolt i simply re-tapped the hole on first cat into an M10 and used a long M10 Bolt with a large washer and extra lock nut.

p4060258mk2.jpg

Back