finally painted my wheels!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
well nipped out to the local wilko today, and though whilst i was there i would buy some primer :p (even tho i brought the paint to do the alloys 2months ago and ended up using the paint lol) oh also the primer from wilko is awsome!!!! its not runny like the cheap stuff!
P1010316.jpg

i was considering the above ^ white (well laquared primer) but ive been looking through car mags and stuff and its seems matt black wheels are getting big (aslo i love matt black!)
P1010317.jpg

oh also, should i laquaer them or not? with the beeing alloys and all and get brake dust on them, i heard it lifts the laqauer esp when the wheels get hot! also it would take the matt away and be gloss black.

lol no...tried but the masking tape i had is cheap and wouldnt stick! i tried not to get the tyres with a bit of paper in one hand and the can in the other...but gave up in the end :p iam sure ill find a way of re-moving the paint from the side walls or just paint them black :p

lol ^ well iam abit stuck tho should i laquer the wheels or will they be ok un laquered plus i dont want to turn them gloss by laquering them!

well they was etched primered ages ago (under all the athersite colour) but obv thats way under and is useless!

i know some wheels come in matt black and arnt etched primered and they seem to last.....think ill see how they go with out laquer...but iam not expecting them to last long! lol

It will be interesting to see if any cleaning products you use will strip the paint off! I sprayed some center caps and an alloy cleaner took the spray off leaving just the plastic.

carnt of done a good job then :p they was painted before by one of ratchets mates, and he painted them on his car :p ive used loads of cleaning products on them and the paint didnt come off lol.

ive changed my mind now there white :p

Yeah they were done well. not sure if it made a difference using alloy cleaner on plastic caps though! I think the above alloys look better in a lighter colour, they have a bit more character.

yearh i agree...ive always liked silver cars with white wheels i thought richs micra looked awsome with them on! so had to copy ;)

Back