Few questions for my conversion..

Hey all, need some advice:I'm still planning to convert my 2002 k11 1.0 to 1.6 or 2.0. when changing the diveshaft for either of the two, what is the code/part no. for the right one that fits just fine? I read that the 2.0 from the primera produces 150bhp but does that only include for the SRI primera or for all of them. Also id like to know what fuel consumption is like with the 1.6/2.0 conversion

Iv tried upgrading my spedo etc to the one from the 1.3 super s which has the rev counter but problem is that my spedo is managed by IC's. how would i wire the old dials form the 1.3 into mine if possible?

would the 1.3 throtle body on the 1.0 be worth it?
" " " cams/pistons from the 1.3 in the 1.0 be worth it?

thanks Scopez

firt of all, a conversion into your 2002 micra would be difficult due to the coilpack wiring on yours.

only the P10 eGT and P11 GT produced 150bhp, all others are about 128bhp. the almera N15 produces 141bhp.

the speedo/rev counter from a super s won't work on your car as the speedo cable is cable driven, not electric like yours. you'd need a speedo/rev counter combo from a post 98 micra and should be a straight swap.

pistons and cams from a 1.3 would make a big difference
if you did the pistons n cams you just about made it a 1.3 "if i remember correctly" its the stroke of the pistons that give it the main difference but is fairly some work if you dont mind go for it parts can be found pretty cheaply

you can go for just the cams which still gives a worthwhile a difference in the way the car drives i done it befor and is worth it

throttle body 1.3 different connectors bbottom different shape too so it wouldnt seal properly either with ur facelift so would need manifold but apart from that the throttle body is the same so theres no point :p

firt of all, a conversion into your 2002 micra would be difficult due to the coilpack wiring on yours.

only the P10 eGT and P11 GT produced 150bhp, all others are about 128bhp. the almera N15 produces 141bhp.

the speedo/rev counter from a super s won't work on your car as the speedo cable is cable driven, not electric like yours. you'd need a speedo/rev counter combo from a post 98 micra and should be a straight swap.
so say if i got a dash with rev counter in from a say 2000 micra it would be straight swap wouldnt need to woirethe rev counter in jus plug the plug in ?

Zephyr

Cheers m8 for that bit of advice im gona pop to the scrapy where i got the dials from an get the cams/pistons from the super s...One thing iv always liked to no is how much faster is the 1.3 to the 1.0 cos iv never driven one. Iv heard the SR is quite quick, mines pretty nippy for wot it is. Iv got 105mph ish out of it.

As for the rev counter from a 2000/02 micra i have never seen any of them have 1...where would i get one from?

there was one on ebay just finished http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130072265203&rd=1&rd=1 theres also another which is green in colour n slightly dif but yeh they plug stright in

the difference 1.3-1.0 is quite abit but most of it is top end ie when u take outta 2nd into 3rd like 60% of your power is gone and goes slow after that while with the 1.3 the loss isnt so bad n keeps pulling to bout 100ish then goes slow

also u need the crank outta the 1.3 just remembered but since taking pistons it wont be too hard just few extra bolts n stuff here n there tkae look at link u need con rods too
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=11552&highlight=crank

also since your basically taking everything from the super s you might as well take the rear roll bar off it your axle should have the mounting points for the rear roll bar so take the drop links roll bar D bush and the D bush bracket off the super s it change handling for next to nothing since your taking off that other micra (dont think yours came with a rear roll bar)

might as well check if it has disks on the rear cuz if it does take them they like gold dust around here lol

thats what i can think off at moment off top of head but worth while mods those are

if you're changing pistons you may aswell change the crankshaft and conrods too and make it into a 1.3

No point putting CG13 pistons alone in a CG10, all you will do is reduce compression

hey scopez remember me... anyway ask raceworx or kristian if they make you all the mounts, and tell you where to get the shafts made then from there its pretty simple.

if you're changing pistons you may aswell change the crankshaft and conrods too and make it into a 1.3

No point putting CG13 pistons alone in a CG10, all you will do is reduce compression

Or even easier than overhauling an engine with 1.3 crank, conrods and pistons would be to to just fit a 1.3 engine, it'll be quicker, cheaper and easier.

Or even easier than overhauling an engine with 1.3 crank, conrods and pistons would be to to just fit a 1.3 engine, it'll be quicker, cheaper and easier.

but by doing the crank, conrods and piston conversion you have a quicker car that still states cg10 on the block. but expect the job to take a lot longer as SWIPER found out

the only problem is with changing to a 1.3 is that he has coilpack ignition, he'd need the CGA3 engine for it to be a straight swap. and it is very hard work to swap over the internals etc. there are lots of different factors to take into consideration when doing this type of conversion. people throwing out different sugestions will only confuse the matter.

agree with swiper on everything he said above but to add
but what he can do "i think"
to have the 1.3 transplant instead of internals
engine mounts are same im sure as physically the blocks r just bout identical outside
can use same 1.0 gearbox - "edit = no you cant use same gearbox just remembered the starter motor is different place to the prefacelifts..."
change flywheel as their different
so shafts clutch are fine
but need to change cam cover so the coil packs can fit on
the side plate where the cam sensor is
need to change the inlet manifold which includes the throttle body
need to keep your exsisting o2 sensors cuz plugs are dif
hmmm
havent had look at the injectors so dunno if plug is same...
not sure whats left you would need but theres some points for you to consider

Also i belive the front camshaft on the facelifts are shorter (no dizzy) also are the cam pulleys the same? Since the camshaft position sensor needs something to pick up on. Ill be doing this conversion in a few months so ive done some research.

This is so over complicated

IF he wants a larger engine then get a CGA3DE, and its ECU swap the engine over (1.0 box will fit) and then fit the ecu.

The dials from a post 2000 K11 with rpm should work. If this is done and more major mods intended then dump the Bosch ecu and stick on OMEX.

Do the job properly and youll only need to do it once.

:grinning: thanx u all for the help its much appreciated....sounds like the cam/piston swap is long lol so gues id be better off doing the full engine swap i guess as i was only thinking of changing them cos they are available...as for the coilpack wiring i guess i cud use the one from the car i get the engine from and keep my aside for wen i decide to return the it bk to standard..

i was thinkin of using the almera GTI engine, but id rather something lighter at the front to avoid the front being to heavy,high fuel consuption etc so then what about the SR16VE....I know the p10 eGT & P11 GT come standard with 150bhp but then i cud mod the 1.6 up to more than that, or is it too much work....any1 got there personal opinions?

ZephR : as for the super s it did have the rear discs so il be sure to get them wen i pop bk there hoping there still there that is...an il also need to tk the hand brake cable etc cos its different rite? thanx il tk the roll bar to if its there ;)

Hey TypeR hows things? yeh corse i rember u, hope ur m8z doing ok after the accident..wen u bk down in london?

Back