Engine overheat

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Hi everybody,
Looking for help. I have a Nissan March K11 year 1994 with engine CG10, the radiator motor fan do not run. The gauge sensor is working. The motor fan is working when I jump the terminals to the battery, the relay is ok and the ECT is working perfectly. I have check all wiring link with the motor fan and look good. I also swap the ECU on another car and I was amazed to see its working perfectly. On my car , the motor fan do not start.
We perform a full scanning on the car and no DTC`s
Anybody can help me to sort out the matter.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
check both the single terminal temperature gauge sensor and the twin terminal coolant sensors are working within spec ohms.

ecu will only trigger the fan relay if the coolant sensors showing above 95c

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Hi,
I simulate the temperature gauge to hot by touching the terminal to earth just to trigger the fan relay. Unfortunately, still not working. ECT sensor are within spec ohms and even for that I replaced by new one.
If the temp gauge show hot and the ECT sensor has been wired together, the fan should start. Why its not working?
I checked all continuity between each wire, tested fan motor, relays and swap another ECU.

CMF_jesh

» CMF Member
Hi to all,
The problem is still same? We swap the ECU on a new car and it worked perfectly. We check all wires, connectors, sensors, fan motors etc all are working accordingly.
Need help.
Thanks
Jesh

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
From what I understand the thermofan is wired in with the A/C, I removed my aircon and it didn't work after that. So I fitted a thermofan controller. I couldn't be bothered chasing wires around the engine bay...

Back