Engine oil problem :(

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
Right ive just had a 1.3 engine fitted into my car.. while changing the engine we dont an oil and filter change which was fine.. its was done on the 14th of this month.. since this i have put 2litres of oil into my car, whilst my mates have been following me they have said there has been smoke coming from my exhaust sometimes grey or black but this has not been happening all the time just sometimes.. what porblem could this be, i carnt seem to find any leaks
help needed cheeeers !!!!!!!!!!!
Gav

gav, i have found that the 1.3,s tend to smoke and burn oil when they have been ragged or high milers :eek:
my old ss drank oil from 100k +, and my current is starting to now 90k

i had this problem after puting a new engine in mine and found it to be that the valve stem oil seals had gone, good times eh :doh:

Maybe you're really lucky and theres a hole in the headgasket. Or if you're not so lucky then your rings are on their way out

if its used that amount of oil then the 2 main culprits are oil rings or valve stem oil seals either way its a big job....

great :) so me engines gonna blow up lol
any ideas how long it will last if i just keep topping the oil up ??

question is how much can you afford keep puting oil in, if one of the above is the culprit then the time to change the engine is when the peelers stop you lol. im not 100% sure but broony may still have a spare 1.3 engine i know he took one from me that was in perfect running order and he bought another from birtly but as i say dont know if he still has one, it would be easier than changing rings and stem seals. didnt you get a guarantee with the engine

Back