Day off. What did you do?

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Well I did some work on my micra. I bit the bullet and changed my fuel filter at last after not doing so for 8 years :) I kept putting it off every time I serviced the car as I knew it was going to be a pain but fark me what a challenge it was. 3 hours later I was done lol. I am knackered now. I spent an hour trying to pull of the old fuel hose before giving up and buying some new stuff and then cut off the old and bingo it was done. I also had to remove the air piping, battery and over flow bottle so I could work in the tight space. Ill not be doing this job for another 8 years now lol. I also sprayed the wheel well with rubberized sound proofing paint since the stock paint was wearing a bit thin over the years.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
I work overnights so I was stuck working through til 8am this morning but luckily my friends and I have a shed filled with Canadian Club Dry. A nice slow tipsy day off til 3am :) Can't imagine working on my micra lately, so much work and social stuff..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
fitted a hand control to the footbrake lol :O (twanged some achilles tendons, and got a 2 x swelled ankle atm)

Attachments

• 53548.jpg
    53548.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 40

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Installed roll cage, (well did that yesterday)
Fitted bike carbs, which are running suprisingly.
Does run like a pig at certain rpm/load but i'll break out the wideband tomorrow after work.
holy induction noise batman, used to think my exhaust was loud, now i can't even hear it.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"Installed roll cage, (well did that yesterday)

Fitted bike carbs, which are running suprisingly.

Does run like a pig at certain rpm/load but i'll break out the wideband tomorrow after work.

holy induction noise batman, used to think my exhaust was loud, now i can't even hear it.

vids demanded :)

frank

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
lol, after work tomorro I will deliver frank :)
I have a vid on my missus' brother's camera of me forgetting about the no rev limiter, and hitting 10/11k rpm, But that is at his place..

Has taken most of the lope out the idle as well,
sounds much more civilised at low rpm.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"lol, after work tomorro I will deliver frank :)

I have a vid on my missus' brother's camera of me forgetting about the no rev limiter, and hitting 10/11k rpm, But that is at his place..

kin-ell mickey !! that must have blown the cobwebs out :O
(i did similar when running on gas and thinking i had,nt reached the limiter lol)

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Mickeybbb WROTE:

"kin-ell mickey !! that must have blown the cobwebs out :O

(i did similar when running on gas and thinking i had,nt reached the limiter lol)

It's good to see my current cams are still making power up there, but
until I rip the crank out and give it some love, I'm not making a habit of it.

I see your blog has been quiet for a while mate, working on anything serious? or just at an end with the cg series? :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

I see your blog has been quiet for a while mate, working on anything serious? or just at an end with the cg series? :)</div>

i,ve reached the limit of the little 1.0 160mm clutch i,m afraid mickey, so there is,nt much more i can do tbh (without changing the g/box, f/w, gearchange, mounts and shafts) and i,m contented with it for now anyway :)

frank

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Well I did some work on my micra. I bit the bullet and changed my fuel filter at last after not doing so for 8 years :) I kept putting it off every time I serviced the car as I knew it was going to be a pain but fark me what a challenge it was. 3 hours later I was done lol. I am knackered now. I spent an hour trying to pull of the old fuel hose before giving up and buying some new stuff and then cut off the old and bingo it was done.

lol, I tackled that job yesterday. Managed to get it off and back on in 20 mins with alot of swearing and trying to break the seal with a thin screwdriver.

Today I fixed my idle problem and cleaned my idle control valve, after wrecking my brain trying to work out what was wrong.

CMF_620racer

» CMF Member
Worked, and rested sort of, after spending Sat arvo pulling the gearbox out, splitting it, replaced knackered front bearing and reassembled it.

Attended evening service, then dawn service.

Install new clutch, refit gearbox. Front brake upgrade while it's on stands. Test run all sweet, drive it out for lunch ;-)

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
No videos for a bit frank, running lean as (30-1 @ WOT).
Suprised it didn't go bang :)
Will sort out jetting in the next few days.

climberjoel WROTE:

"sounds awesome Mickey! your killing it and vids would be dam sweet. Rollcage fit well? Bolt in or welded? YOu building it for the street or competition?

Rollcage fitted ok, Nismo's weren't made for a sunroof equipped car,
but it's in now anyway. Bolt in, 6 pt, cross at rear, door bars,
since its black, unless you are looking for it, it doesnt stand out too much. Need a few bits welded onto it in the near future (harness etc)

Ah it is for both, but odds are it will end up on a trailer for the rest of it's days.

Also my pcv valve kicked the bucket, blowing all the seals in spectacular fashion, was shooting oil from crank pulley end out through front rhs wheel. I only just put new clutch/crank seals etc in it, haven't had the motivation to rip it all out yet.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
eagerly awaiting that vid when its sorted mickey :)
maybe some more restrictive filters on those carbs will sort your WOT lean-ness eh (my lpg goes meggalean @ WOT when the airbox lid is removed)

frank

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"eagerly awaiting that vid when its sorted mickey :)

maybe some more restrictive filters on those carbs will sort your WOT lean-ness eh (my lpg goes meggalean @ WOT when the airbox lid is removed)

frank

yeh that may do it, or any filter really :)
airbox would be ideal, with a single filter, but all in good time.
not just wot that's lean tho, at idle it is around 16-1

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Nismo's weren't made for a sunroof equipped car,<BR>but it's in now anyway.
Sunroofs put weight in a terrible position anyway, so two birds one stone by removing it aye. Your Rollcage definetly sounds sweet, and i saw you have the Spax/Ohlin's Supension from humphrie, mad jealous ;)

p.s. no day off over here, but i spent the weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway wrenching, place is dam hot

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"Nismo's weren't made for a sunroof equipped car,
but it's in now anyway.

Sunroofs put weight in a terrible position anyway, so two birds one stone by removing it aye. Your Rollcage definetly sounds sweet, and i saw you have the Spax/Ohlin's Supension from humphrie, mad jealous ;)

p.s. no day off over here, but i spent the weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway wrenching, place is dam hot

</div>
</div>

I agree, anything that improves weight distribution is better.
The spax setup is from Humphries, ohlin's part of it is new from japan (old stock or something)
bitsa setup, but works well.

Back