Changing CVT Fluid.

Hi !

I'm not able to explain why I have to do it, but I have to change (myself) de Fluid of the CVT on my Micra 2001.

(No way to find out a mechanic able to take care of my CVT, in france)

The car has 63000 Km.

Have you got some informations that could be useful for me ?

Tank you very much.

hynemonth

i remember draining a flood damaged one about 15 yrs ago (it was like strawberry milkshake lol), there,s a drainplug is,nt there ?

hynemonth

i remember draining a flood damaged one about 15 yrs ago (it was like strawberry milkshake lol), there,s a drainplug is,nt there ?

I don't know... there's an "charging pipe", for the fluid level jauge...

Where do i look for the drainplug ? o_O

Tanks.

Hy.... Three times that I change the oil.... no way to keep the fluid red. It becomes brown in 5 minutes.

Using Dexon III or "Nissan CVT Fluid NS-1" doesn't help resolving the problem.

On the top, there is a black filter, like one for the motor oil.

It'is userful to change it ? Where to buy ?

My local Nissan Reseller (even more idiot than me) told me that there are no strainer on that gearbox. Is it true ? (For memories, Hyper CVT with torque converter)

The Haynes never talk about strainer, but my book only describre procedures for the K11 with n.CVT and magnetic powder clutch, what is not my case.

HOW TO COMPLETLY DRAIN THAT BULL OF ∞~∞~∞ BROWN OIL ???!!!!!

Please, help me....

K11 cvt from 93 to 2001 have powder clutch.
K11E CVT from 2001 to K12 have torque converter. When you put the selctor in D, the car slowly go.

The gearbox oil is brown insted of red.
When i change the oil, it's become again brown in 15 Km.

And the shiffting is less felxible.

----------- Summury ------------
Jan06 : I bought the car
Sept08 : It's time to change the CVT fluid ! (But in the tows passed years, the fluid has stayed red)
In october, i went to my Nissan Reseller.
They have made the drain.
Nov : Alarmed by the change of behavior, il look at the dipstic => Brown fluid !!
I go to the reseller, and he told me that my gearbox is fubar.
1st drain by myself.
2nd drain by myself and 15km after
3th drain by myself.

Still brown since October.

Since, the fluid goes brown.

hynemonth

i see, maybe the dealer put the wrong oil in eh, i think some oil will remain inside the torque converter (even with the 10 minute drain), i think a small amount of mix will be ok, but some oil types dont mix properly tho which could cause a problem in the hydraulic galleries/valves

Black CVT filter

hynemonth

i see, maybe the dealer put the wrong oil in eh, i think some oil will remain inside the torque converter (even with the 10 minute drain), i think a small amount of mix will be ok, but some oil types dont mix properly tho which could cause a problem in the hydraulic galleries/valves

Related subject:My Micra was hesitating on acceleration and up hills,I have changed the black CVT filter near the dipstick.It now works beautifully again; worth knowing.However it cost £80! This was a Nissan own part.

I use this old topic

Yesterday my Nissan dealer changed the fluid/oil of my NCVT (I have a 1997 K11 Micra 1.3) with the NS-1 CVT fluid

looking on the internet, i found this site

http://akisada.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/111539625-101782004/Nissan_CVT_Fluid_NS_1.html

where they say to use another type of fluid, this, if 'im right...

http://akisada.trustpass.alibaba.co..._Matic_Fluid_D.html?tracelog=ggsotherproduct1

Used the car today and it goes well, but is there any danger for the transmission? do i need to change the fluid? does anybody else run with the NS-1 CVT and have a feedback to release?
I'm scared!!!

Hello !

I'm sorry, but i don't receve alerts on new messages on my threads...

Like you read, CVT from 2000 have a torque converte insted of a magnetic powder clutch.

For me and what i had read, Nissan Fluid Matic D is for conventional auto gearbox, with fixed gears. For exemple, on nissan micra k10 auto.

On the user guide that i found, witch is for K11 before 2000, the section about auto fluid checking tell to use NS-1 or DEXRON IIE or DEXRON III.

hynemonth

Hi Frank, do you happen to remember what bolt it was you removed, I'm about to do mine and I think it's a 16mm bolt on the left side and did you have to push any out on the radiator? If so is it the pipe on the left as well? Thanks sir.

Hi Frank, do you happen to remember what bolt it was you removed, I'm about to do mine and I think it's a 16mm bolt on the left side and did you have to push any out on the radiator? If so is it the pipe on the left as well? Thanks sir.
er....................no mate :)

Back