Cam timing look out?

Does my timing look right? Can't help but think my exhaust cam is retarded.....

Attachments

• 1410188310465.jpg
    1410188310465.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 296
Yeah my inlet cam is at 10 but the exhaust cam is at 1 :/ tried matching #3 lobes to what #2 inlet lobes are but just get the same and has a bit of an impreza sound when I rev it. Might just file the dowel and advance it that way for now....

I like the sound of that, what's the easiest way of going about timing them? Just turn them half a tooth either way or just one of them? I'll have my bike carbs on soon so will have a rev limit of 10k to play with, how much will i have to advance the cams to get the power band usable for those sort of revs, any ideas?

the inlet cam mainly, mine have the dowel filed down, but you will need wilder cams than the stock 196deg 1.0 ones for 10k

I removed my dowels today after work lol, gonna time them up tomorrow, any ideas on the stock opening times for the 1.0 mate? What cams would suit it you think? Was going to get 1.3 cams and get a regrind on them

I removed my dowels today after work lol, gonna time them up tomorrow, any ideas on the stock opening times for the 1.0 mate? What cams would suit it you think? Was going to get 1.3 cams and get a regrind on them
the cam timings are supposed to be 16/0/0/16 iirc but you actually get negative overlap (ie, all 4 valves fully closed @ tdc)
and those cams hit a brick wall at about 6k, 1.3 cams will help but will still max-out well before 10k tho eh

I best start saving for some 773's then, so if I retard the inlet a few degrees it will raise the power up the rev range slightly?

worn chains will already be running retard, i would just advance the exh cam back to its factory setting for now :)

Back