Bonnet lock system damaged ?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Since I have the car I have noticed that the bonnet opens bad, it doesn't open at the first try,
I have to:
1/ Pull the cable,
2/ Go out lift the bonnet
3/ Go back in the car to pull the cable once again
4/ I go out the car and can open the bonnet

Watching closer the mechanism, it seems damaged and bend, I guess it must have been damaged with the back of another car. It explains why my left head light is cracked, and why my grill is a phase 1 (whereas my car is from 1998, so should be a phase 2 grill) red and badly resprayed in black.

Vertical shot:

Honrizontal shot:

Can you confirm me that the mechanism is really bend and should be vertical, parallel to the engine radiator ? I want to be 100% sure before bending anything and damage it completely.

I think I will try to straighten up it with a hammer like this :

Any tips are welcome ! Like for example, would it be easier to replace the full mechanism ?

Cheers

Seb

it,ll just need tweaking seb (give it a good pull) :wasntme:
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10529.JPG
    SDC10529.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 390
Thanks Franky ! I will try to gently pull bit by bit. Did yours was also damaged? because it's not 100% parallel neither

no probs sebzzz :laugh:
it should be at 90deg to the hinges (so not vertical) but your slam panel (top rail) may be pushed back a little ?

try adjusting the bonnet rubber bump stops on either sides & also the height of the lock mechanism by loosening the 3 12mm bolts holding the lock to the frame

Back