CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 87625.jpg
    87625.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 39

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Opened up the intake with cold air piping (65mm plumbing pipes) and fitted an ajdjustable fuel regulator. Bumped the fuel pressure up to 43-44psi.

Fitted Bosch Super 4 spark plugs with all 16 electrodes gapped out to 3mm.

Changed the usual fluids and filters.

Running 98 RON fuel with advanced timing. The car drives with a lot more pickup now, but with a slight flat spot around 2,300-2,400rpm.

Attachments

• 87628.jpg
    87628.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
I still use the original air box, blocking out the majority of the heat and opening up the inlet to at least 65mm. The pipe goes down to almost below the engine to suck in some fresh air. The inlet and outlet of the pipe ends are both flared out.

Intake pic

Attachments

• 87629.jpg
    87629.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 38

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Fitted up a rear brace that bolts up at the rear seat belt points.

Thanks to Nas for this.

This has reduced flex in the rear of the car. Prior to fitting it, I could hear squeaking in the rear, from what I presume was the tailgate rubbing against body rubber as the car flexed.

Attachments

• 87631.jpg
    87631.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 35

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
The wheels are 14x6. Tyres are rubbish 175/65's.
Going to replace them with 185/55's when I burn these down.

I got the car in December last year (3 months ago) and still haven't washed it yet :D

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
More of the intake details:

Started with some 65mm plumbers piping from Bunnings. I utilised the 45 degree joiner instead of this 90 degree join picture here.
The Sikaflex is used to join the pipe into the airbox.

Attachments

• 87913.jpg
    87913.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 38

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Looking from the top down.
Here, I have used the heat gun and melted the pipe in slightly so as to give room to the clutch cable and not push on it.

Attachments

• 87917.jpg
    87917.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 37

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
And finally, the pick-up section down below.

Has it made a difference?
I feel that it has, however there is a slight flat spot around 2,300-2,400rpm. It sounds a hell of a lot nicer too. If you didn't see the video above, I'll save you some searching. Here it is:

This is with a 100% stock exhaust too.

Attachments

• 87918.jpg
    87918.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 41

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Haha... This is my daily and I'm trying to keep it as "budget" as possible :)

Paint "should" end up something along the lines of this with a black bonnet and dark tints.
Please excuse the dodgy MS Paint Brush effort.

Attachments

• 87922.jpg
    87922.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 33

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member
I'm seeing double haha. BigJohn it's looking good. Are you going to follow the line in the body and paint the top of your front guards?

With tint. My old Cedric had factory tint or privacy glass (whatever you want to call it) and I got 20% put over that so it was probly more like 5%. It looked pimp but at night time if you tried to look out the drivers side window. It reflected all the dials. You could see how fast you are going, but not your mirror. So do what you want, I just wanted to share my experience with really dark tint.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Rebelsan WROTE:

"I'm seeing double haha. BigJohn it's looking good. Are you going to follow the line in the body and paint the top of your front guards?

With tint. My old Cedric had factory tint or privacy glass (whatever you want to call it) and I got 20% put over that so it was probly more like 5%. It looked pimp but at night time if you tried to look out the drivers side window. It reflected all the dials. You could see how fast you are going, but not your mirror. So do what you want, I just wanted to share my experience with really dark tint.

My plan at this stage is as you said, follow the line of the body, painting the tops of the guards black with a black bonnet.

I had a Soarer some years ago with 5-10% tints on it. It was fantastic during the day, but when it came to driving at night in the rain, I hated the tints. I'd have to put down both front windows when pulling up at intersections to see if there were any oncoming cars.
On my Falcon, I have 15-20% and it's perfect for night & day.

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member
Wow that looks sick. Nice work. Surprised about the white wheels thought you would have gone black, they still look good I like the style. How did you do the bonnet and are the vents just stick on.

Also what are you doing with the super s front bumper now.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
Thanks Derek.

The bonnet vents are real.
These were the bits that DanVillan sold.

See:
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/82211

Rebelsan, I went for white wheels as I don't like black wheels on red cars. I'm looking at a different direction with the paint job now. A colour that will go with white wheels. Only time will tell what pans out :)

Here are the vents from outside:

Attachments

• 88379.jpg
    88379.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
Back