best piggy back air/fuel controller

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
so ive been talking to someone who produced a 150bhp micra and he was using an apexi safc 2. and has told me to do this aswell, but is there any others out there that are any good. is this apexi neo any good and does it still do the same job

thanks james

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
i use a jaycar digital fuel adjuster... made it myself... its ok.... but should get one that intercepts ignition timing as well.... the DFA only does fuel and i think so does the safc..... not sure bout the neo...

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Neo, is basically the newest version of the APEXI air fuel controller..

..it does everything the old ones did..

It doesn't control ignition timing though.. Apexi DO make another controller for ignition timing, so if you wanted that at a later date. You could simply fit that in addition to the SAFC and have more control.

Other piggyback controllers are available.. Emanage is the biggest known.. this has more features that the apexi..
Its more expensive and is marginally more difficult to install..

Some people swear by the Emanage, and some people swear to avoid them

No one really knocks the Apexi, just its basic control..

Your local DYNO tuners would provide a good idea, as they will have their own preferences.. after all they will be mapping it at some point..

emanage isn't harder to install.. its just a few extra wires. why wouldn't you get it over an safc when it does the exact same thing + more.. on ebay there almost the same price.. but yes, you do need the injector wirring loom to control the injectors/ignition. personally, i think safc's are a waste of time, basically, anything that you can only tune via a handcontroller is never gona give you a great result. handcontroller's are meant for playing your sega master system, not for tuning a car.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
I guess it depends to what extent you need to tune your car. If you just want some minor air/fuel adjustments why not get the SAFC, for some moderate air/fuel and ignition adjustments go the eManage, and for all out control you would go for a complete ECU like a Power FC, etc.

LonePhantom WROTE:

"I guess it depends to what extent you need to tune your car. If you just want some minor air/fuel adjustments why not get the SAFC, for some moderate air/fuel and ignition adjustments go the eManage, and for all out control you would go for a complete ECU like a Power FC, etc.

for all out control, go a motec or autronic.. unfortunetly apexi have gone bust and no longer make anything to my knowledge, nor did they ever make power fc's for the k11.

Back