A series metro turbo??

i have a very basic grasp of mechanics eg. turbos but would an old turbo setup from a standard mg metro turbo with alil altering of pipework and manifold fit the micra and work? if not y not?

I'm not aware of anyone comparing Metro to Micra manifolds so you'd need to compare them both, size them up.

the ports are completely different, it would take some serious modifying to make it fit, the CG is 4 port whereas the a series is only 2 port, aside from that, the a series uses carburettor induction.

a series manifolds would definately not fit for a start, plus the mg turbo set up is not very good in the first place, its worth loads to the mini brigade so they arent cheap and if youve got one sell it to a mini owner, if you wanted to make your own set up you can buy flanges to fit T2/T25 turbos on ebay weld that to your existing manifold and make a new down pipe it would be far easier and you could fit a turbo more suited to the size of engine you have.

yeah thanx i thort about mini before micra and just had a brain fart i needed clearing up lol :) im after max on lowest budget possible lol but not talkin a tenner. thanx all :)

yeah thanx i thort about mini before micra and just had a brain fart i needed clearing up lol :) im after max on lowest budget possible lol but not talkin a tenner. thanx all :)

just remember though you will only get what you pay for.. this seems to be the case with everything

lol no way your getting max at a low budget! its all about spending money...its alot to get your car to 100bhp never mind turbo for a tenner!

people come on here and say stuff like ''i want to drop an sr20 into my micra for cheap'' or ''iam turboing micra and i only want to spend £100'' it never gets done and never will get done for under £200..... then you have to spend money buying all the uprated suspension bits and brakes!

not trying to get at you or anything but people say they will do stuff and it never gets done! iam not #####ity or anything lol but you can understnd where iam coming from?

as said not meening to be horriable :)

Back