• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

ebc7df28.jpg

How did you get them so shiny?!? They look like new (Y)

yeah i know solarice so many big projects but its what this place needs!

martin i cant imagine what this ones going to be like, i forget what my last attempt was like apart from going all over the road in 1st and 2nd haha. rough completion date 6 months but i think ill do it in half lol my name is "Michael" 2nd name "Stanhope" pleased to meet you haha! :wasntme:

pepo i havent cleaned them thats the funny thing, thats how they come out the box!

He-hee

Can't be any better then (Y)(Y)
I only saw them on the car, put a request and got them wrapped...
Good, good!

Any plans for a flyeyes on them? i love the way mine look. Left the reverse light lens exposed, the rest "flyeyed"

See i was going to flyeye the reverse light only but there already tinted slightly on the inside so its a matter of fit and see

p1090096y.jpg

Just an idea.
I kept my reverse lens exposed as I hate not seen anything when reversing in the dark

Peposhi a simple t cut and polish on the lenses does massive epic things, mine came out mint mate

Keep yours red mike looks cleaner IMO on your car

That td04 looks awesome though, looks very similar to my t2 flange

I'm thinking a t25 for me one day I believe the compressor housing fit straight on to the exhaust housing

Oooh i could make a hybrid

Also with your double headgasket is that gonna allow you to run more boosty boost??

Please to meet you micheal :)

We share the same birthdays too :eek:

I will keep them red, the reverse will get fly eyes or left the way it is. I bought the TD04 very cheap (not like me) as it has shaft play. Worst comes to the worst itll need a new shaft and wheels. Double gasket should lower the compression therefore allowing me to do what #### i want lol 14 psi would be fine for me

And 2nd june eh?

14 psi sounds epic surely u would be pushing 180 from that if polly p has 163 at 10psi?

Ever thought of a 2mm gasket? Or you prefer gaskets?

Wish I knew how to fit the ######s I'd do 2 in an instant, more power please!! Just a thought but I'm thinking of getting some autosprint cams made up like the jwt turbo cams for a ga16? Surely that would squeeze a few more ponies?

Can you imagine people's faces at a pod/crawl when a almost 180hp Micra pulls up, of a 1.3

Would be priceless :)

Yep 2/6/1985 :)

14 psi was dodgy last time but it ran on air lol this time it will have fuel too :) and 2 genuine nissan headgaskets have never failed me yet so ima continue with where i left off. Turbo micra cams would be an awesome idea, im sure geoff at autosprint can rustle up a few sets, i had a nightmare doing the clearances last time on my n/a :glare: and ive had those looks mate, not sure about the 180hp bit but my grey micra when it was stripped with polycarbonate windows was a full on head turner everytime i took it out. Thats exactly how i want this one, only downside is i have limits as to how far i go as i really want to keep this as the family car no matter how much hp it produces rather than garage it then break it months later

No that's cool mate, keep the interior and safety first for the little one

Jesus 14 psi would be insane! Don't think my little t2 would have enough poke

Clearances etc confuse the hell out of me, job for Frank I think

Wish you luck with it all mate

Well TD04 turbo's are good for 250hp on glanza's and can run over 1 bar easy but im taking it easy to start with. Would like to map it at 10-14 psi and see how she copes then push it a bit more if possible. Im lost with what to do with the injectors, i hope noddie has managed to make the sr20 ones fit???

Good luck with yours :)

P.s. Get practising the headgaskets on your old engine, #### easy

Yeah didn't think of practising, cant do any harm aye

How comes starlets can run 200hp easily? Due to compression right?

So if a cg13 was c/r matched to the glanza are we talking similar specs?

Not happy with the t2 tbh, kind of want a kick in the face when it kicks in, of Course only when mapped I can judge that

Ed can make the rails, as far as im aware there is a problem with the iac valve fouling on the rail, surely a slight angled bend in the design between injector 2-3 would clear this?

I was looking at both rails side by side and the sr20 is huge in comparision

Could the ga16 injectors be high flowed to suit I wonder ? Actually they would be at full whack by 6 psi I believe so no good

Man if I had a tig welder I'd be trying everything!!

What you doing for clutch matey?

It must be the engine design and compression ratio. My old turbo was proper kick back with it getting a whole lot of boost from 4500rpm onwards. Ive compared the rails before and theres a massive difference. If ed can do them ill buy one! And im using my helix clutch again, never slipped yet and are good up to 180ft/lbs torque :)

yep another micra mate, they are simply the best car in the world (to me anyway) another purchase made a few moments ago.....

OFL-T4-ORL-T4.gif

Thought you were taking it slowly lol

At this rate your be turboed by next week :)

See your two head gasket job, will you use the original bottom one and just place the new one straight on top

Or if the original is stuck to the head you would just place the new one on the block

Cheers mike

martin ill be buying 2 new genuine gaskets, price of 2 is a bit :doh: but it has to be done. might go toss a coin to make a decision wether to buy the rest of my bits now or just wait lol

armando ill do a spec list soon. not acquired all the parts so i dont want to put something that i think im getting and change it if you understand? :)

Stani, I'd change your ebay password so your Micra can't buy stuff when you're not there :eek: :laugh:.

Stanis been robbing banks :eek:

Jesus man your be getting mapped next week at this rate!!

Week done me ol mate ;)

Im taking my time remember haha. Nah no more spending until the respray not that i need much. Fuel rail and injectors, maybe FPR. fuel pump, oil catch, maybe oil cooler, boost gauge, front back tegiwa tow eyes. And the odd reducers and bend for the piping.

Cant wait!!!!

Im taking my time remember haha. Nah no more spending until the respray not that i need much. Fuel rail and injectors, maybe FPR. fuel pump, oil catch, maybe oil cooler, boost gauge, front back tegiwa tow eyes. And the odd reducers and bend for the piping.

Cant wait!!!!

Don't forget you need an afm with adapter and plug from a 3pin(with lamba sensor) bigger Nissan

S13 prefacelift are mainly no lamba so have 4 pin and the afm is not compatible

Ive got s14 sr20det mate

Is Ed still doing the mani for you?

And you will need a 3 bar fpr, at 10 psi Ed said I will DEFinately need one so 14psi is a must

All the best mate

Is an afm a must with the nistune? And ed was never doing the manifold, he just made the flange but if he is interested and i cant get someone nearby to adapt it then the jobs his lol also ill get the fpr once i start buying the fuelling parts :) main thing with the kit is manifold/turbo downpipe then ill go for the remaining parts.

My aim is only to match my previous 1/4 mile record of 14.7 which had a full interior, sub/amp tools & trolley jack in the boot lol never got to take the lightweight version down sadly

Your slash your old time this turn round with it being mapped

Yeah afm is definate, the stock air flow meter can't handle boost very well and is over run after 4-5 psi

Same thing with the sr20 afm, when bigger nissans whack the boost up the stock afm can't handle, that's when there then upgraded to the z32 afm of a 300zx

There not expensive mate but you do need the 3 pin plug of the wiring loom, look at Pollyp's blog for more info

Liking the mani and down pipe, excellent idea mate :)

Just a few new parts haha. Your bank will be thinking your details have been stolen. (which might work in your favour lol)

Ive not been doing anything dodgy. I got a fraction of my lexus car insurance money back and we do emergency callout at my work and i got 18. So at £40 a pop its a nice bonus for a week.

Ill look out for an afm. Can i fit it easily yeah?

Wasnt suggesting you were fiddling anything. :D

I've so far not had any major issues with the stock AFM maxing out at 5-6psi (havent noticed it happening yet), but for peace of mind they do look easy enough to switch out...higher boost would probably be another issue though.

Yeah easy peasy mate, have a look at scopez 1.6 turbo

Your need a reducing 90 degree elbow of the t/b to a 2" end to fit afm

Then you need this adapter

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/91-99-nissan-200sx-s13-s14-s15-air-induction-kit-1499-503-p.asp

This has a 3" outlet so depending on your intercooler pipes a coupler/reducer to fit

Wish my call out was like that!! I get a set standby rate and time and a half an hour, problem is I'm getting 20 hrs per month instead of 100 hrs as im used to because of company cuts :(

Ive not been doing anything dodgy. I got a fraction of my lexus car insurance money back and we do emergency callout at my work and i got 18. So at £40 a pop its a nice bonus for a week.

i wish i got a bounus like that ha ha what is it you do buddy?

im a joiner mate :) recieved more things today to add to the pile. now bought the reducing elbows etc that i think i need to complete the piping. will need 1 more for the turbo inlet once i recieve it i can measure it. some pics.....

the bits
4fe2f5a2.jpg

glanza manifold and de-cat
49de41cb.jpg

intercooler
4dee713d.jpg

manifold lined up with flange, not alot in it so it will be a straight cut off and weld on
536ab0f8.jpg

ports 1 + 2
b660d6a7.jpg

ports 3 + 4
d724a756.jpg

going to try and get the manifold done tomorrow :)

Huh those ports look pretty damn close...good idea, shouldnt cost alot to get that welded up (Y)

Do you have an idea on total cost for the turbo setup (minus management)?...might help narrow actual down costs for once. :D

yeah heres a small list....

TD04 turbo with shaft play £40 SECOND HAND
turbo rebuild kit £60 NEW
glanza manifold/decat and flange £220 NEW
turbo oil feed and return £62 NEW
dump valve £36 SECOND HAND BUT NEW AND UNUSED
intercooler £110 NEW
intercooler piping and some bends £140 NEW
fuel rail injectors £90 SECOND HAND
fuel pump £20 SECOND HAND
janspeed front pipe £100 NEW
janspeed sports cat £102 NEW
janspeed stainless cat back £320 NEW
-------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL £1300

give or take a few £20's lol

Whats a few £20's :laugh:

Thats good, see you're kinda in the region i thought it could be built for (going from my build). OCD scavenging could drop that down even more. Obviously mapping and management is gonna up that a bit, but even so i wouldnt think it would reach 4K.

Whats a few £20's :laugh:

Thats good, see you're kinda in the region i thought it could be built for (going from my build). OCD scavenging could drop that down even more. Obviously mapping and management is gonna up that a bit, but even so i wouldnt think it would reach 4K.

i meant incase ive calculated it wrong, average would be £1200-£1400 but your right any normal person could get parts for half that. ive got the nistune fitted which was £256, just mapping on top of that.

Epic build going on here, love the ideas on it!

why thank you, the manifold had been done before that where i got the idea also wait till you see my fuel rail idea, im praying its gonna work! some progress......

manifold screwed down to the base of my van
e5fcd7ca.jpg

recip saw
1885e48b.jpg

chop chop
8815d949.jpg

micra for glanza flange
24c271e8.jpg

away to beg a welder tomorrow to finish it :)
8fa7332e.jpg

Think you've just voided the warranty :laugh:

Just make sure you mark which way around the mani side is...incase the welder seperates the parts, you dont want it welding on upside down.

warranty VOID haha! umm ed has put a NS mark at the top so thats how i remember but ive got a marker in the van and ill draw all over it tomorrow before i do my begging :glare:

Stani any reason you went with the TD04? Purely for the cost? Or the nostalgia factor from the previous turbo?

Stani any reason you went with the TD04? Purely for the cost? Or the nostalgia factor from the previous turbo?

The reason is because its a good size turbo for the cg13. Also the glanza manifold comes with that flange. Nothing to do with price here

Great project Stanni! Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out (Y)

Thanks joe, im looking forward to this one too as i really want to get a proper power figure. I want 180hp then i will be happy. May not make near that but more can be done to reach it.

Back