160SR Help!

Hello all, new poster here :)

Ive got a 2006 1.6 SR, done 29k miles and had 2 services. I have owned the car from 10 months old @ 6k miles. Recently (last couple of days) it has developed a whirring/whining noise that starts as soon as you start it. When you drive it doesn't get any louder just chases the revs. I know these engines are quite "whiny" anyway but has gotten much worse. Just wondering if any1 has any idea as to what it could be!!

Help appreciated!

I changed my fan belt last year and the squeaking noise is back again and I cannot be bothered to change again. Never ever Nissan again, dealer experience aweful.

the micra doesnt have a fan belt the fans are electronic, if you can't be bothered to change it then spray so lube on it or try tighten it as they have to be really tight, does it only do it on start up?

the micra doesnt have a fan belt the fans are electronic, if you can't be bothered to change it then spray so lube on it or try tighten it as they have to be really tight, does it only do it on start up?

Thanks Matt I will try and find the lube to spray on it, will WD40 do?

yep run it a spray lightly and keep repeating until noise is gone if it doesnt go do a belt see if you can get it under warranty if the car is still in 3 yrs or 60,000miles. if you have to do a belt make sure it is very tight

Back