1.3 dished pistons

ive posted a thread previously about building a 1.0 engine with a bit more balls than the standard.this is on the basis that 1.0 engines are ten a penny and i could pick up a high-miler for practically nothing and engineer it at my leisure.but eventually i will find a 1.3 k11 that has failed its mot and save it from the rice factory in the sky.but before i transplant this engine id like to do some internal upgrading on that too.
im led to believe the 1.3 has dished pistons.the laws of physics dictate that this must be a low compression engine then.especially if ppl are whacking turbos onto them without engineering the internals.
this brings me to my question.if i swap out the dished pistons for flat-tops and raise the compression,wouldnt it be better on fuel,and possibly about 10% quicker too?

you can turbo anything if you keep the PSI low otherwise higher psi will destroy the internals, you can lower the compression on the 1.3 by adding a another gasket but that depends what kind of power your looking to achieve!! people fit the 1.0ltr pistons in the 1.3 giving it a higher compression which is good if your fitting a complete exhaust system i.e. a 4 branch fanny-mold and a nice induction to go with it... by doing this you get a nice response but NOT if your turboing it! Frank can tell you this as im sure he has carried this conversion out before! also frank has pictures of various pistons, i.e. 1.0l, 1.3 and the 1.4

J

Back