1.2 S or 1.4 SE

D

drpepper970

my girlfriend is looking at buying a used micra k12.

I think the 1.4 SE is the better option, she will be commuting 30+ miles every day so i think the larger engine size will be better. To me the difference in economy to the 1.2 doesn't matter.

However, her dad who is lending her the money is sticking his two penneth in and saying the 1.2 is would be better for her and even took her to the dealership today to look at them!

I'm a bit annoyed as i was going to do that and show her the 1.4 ;)

are there any owners of these models here and why do you think your car is better?

i dont have one of those models but i agree with you about the bigger engine,and it doesnt allways meen it will use more fuel to the mile

The larger engine won't work as hard as the smaller engine, so will be easier to drive and will probably return better economy.

Plus resale values will be better for the SE than the S as people always want more toys/luxuries etc for their money.

I'd be a lot happier overtaking in a 1.4 than a 1.2, so in my opinion the 1.4 would be safer.

Try an SX, just as well specced as an SE, just one or two different things that one has that the other doesn't, similar price when new i think

thanks for the replies guys.

plant: yeah, i've seen some SX's in some dealer listings but couldn't really see what the difference is. so they're worth considering too.

its a bit frustrating as since sunday shes changed her mind from a Ka, then a Picanto, then a fiesta and now i've shown her a pic of a black SE shes into micra's.

bloody women!

i own both a 1.2 and 1.4. and i prefer the 1.2.(for my own personal reasons which i cant reveal)

1.4 is faster but not by much. Its got a lot more torque and uses a lot more petrol

Back