Zero compression help!

So head gasket went on my mate 1.4 turbo micra.. so changed the head gasket today (double) all timing spot on! Car won’t start.. checked compresson and bam zero across all 4 cylinders! Wtf could it be? Car was running this morning done every thing the same normally would on doing a micra head gasket..

Zero compression across the board could mean that it needed more than just a head gasket however I'd start by checking that the timing is right.

OP
OP
L
Timing is spot on.. the head that’s been used came off a car that threw a rod through the block.. cylinder one gave the valves a love tap. But surely that wouldn’t give zero across the bored? It’s a 1.4 bottom end. 1l head with 1.4 cams and buckets could it also be the cams and buckets? Is it work putting the 1l ones back in? Of just using the 1.4 head just needs to be sent off for skimming :/

OP
OP
L
At close (valve) I have zero gap between bucket and cam! Gauge won’t fit.. question can I use 1l head/cams and buckets on a 1.4 bottom?

Did you urn over the engine by hand a few times to make sure the timing was clear of the valves?
Was it the right headgasket?
Are the spark plugs fitted?

frank

Club Member
I don’t know what I’m doing there never done that before
they are all different sizes ,so if you juggled the shims and buckets up the clearances will be all to pot
you have to measure the gaps then select a shim size that opens or closes that gap to the correct spec