your oil pressure and temperature readings please

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
O.k can you guys give me your oil temperature and pressure readings? I think I am not getting correct values for both pressure and temperature. I will properly check once i am sure they are fitted correctly but would be nice to have values to compare to.

Also when i connect a multimeter (one on positive and the other one on the sender's signal wire) and got about voltage for oil temp which increases as the car was warming up and the the pressures was showing a decrease in voltage as i put my foot on the throttle.

thanks guys any help will be greatly appreciated.

what you currently getting?...id be intersted as my pressure readings are high (may have seen my previous post already)...temp wise after its warmed up its about 60-70c (idle warm up..no driving)

my pressure readings will be different to yours anyway as mines a 1.3 and yours is a 1.0 but still be interesting to see. :)

i dont have temp but i have pressure, here goes:

cold first thing in the mornin at 1200rpm (tickover) 60psi.
cold first thing in the mornin driving 60psi.

hot running temp 700rpm (tickover) 20 to 25psi.
hot running temp driving about 40psi.

hope this helps

o.k see now there is defo a problem maybe with wiring.

I did not get a wiring diagram with the gauges so went with what they said on the back (autogauge). The first three are a no brainer are green for illumination, black for ground, red for +12. The pin that says "s" is defo for signal and then theres another that says "+" which i wired to +12 as well. Is this right? as i am getting 170 degrees C on my gauge once its properly warm and stabilises but the car itself is fine.

my oil pressure guage is busted as my bro dropped it on the car and some wires got shorted so it doesnt work anymore.

mmm i dont have autogauge ones...but my wiring is :

illumination Pos and Neg (Neg to car body for the earth and Pos attached to the lighting part of the cars loom so turns on with lights -- red/blue wire iirc)

Gauge Itself Pos and Neg (Neg to car body for the earth and Pos to yellow wire as thats the main ignition feed that heads to the cars gauge cluster...so they only turn on when the ignition is.)

Sender Pos and Neg (Pos goes from sender to S on gauge and Neg is just the earth the sender makes through its threads to the cars body/engine)

if thats sounds similar to yours id check your earths...

Back