Your computer security

i run zone alarm pro and norton virus, and use zone alarm and firefox to kill popups and adaware for the rest.

planning on hacking me or something? :p

Norton sucks!

I have Computer Associates E Trust antivirus, and Outpost Firewall.

Also use Ad-Aware & Spybot to get rid of the rest

No software security here, just hardware. did have AVG until it started going wrong with incomming emails.

no antivirus as viruses can be avoided with common sense n it slows down the comptuer too mich
firewall: windows firewall does the job!
spyware: ad-aware but its by far NOT the best out there, i just cant be bothered to find a better one!

spyware doctor.... and thats it... found about 3 million more viruses than nortons and it asks me if i want to block a web site..its ace.

i have never had a problem with viruses and i run:

Avast antivirus (very good!) but i'd also recommend AVG both free ;)

Windows firewall is fine or Mcaffe but really you just need a good router as James said

Ad-aware is great and free too ;)

also USE FIREFOX!!! if you use internet explorer or netscape then your a Muppet on a string!

and then just regularly maintain and check your PC and you should be fine ;)

Ed said:
No software security here, just hardware. did have AVG until it started going wrong with incomming emails.

What annoys me about it. My power supply on my router blew up, hence using software firewall at the moment. Nothing is safer than a router though.

For extra protection i have a Durex extra large condom over my case.

Allan said:
For extra protection i have a Durex extra large condom over my case.

LMAO

Nice one!
I agree about the firewall being useless, as for virus's as rlees85, they can easily be avoided, I still use McAfee as it has an on access scanner, any file accessed or downloaded is instantly scanned, just as I wrote this it said a worm was detected :D

goldstar0011 said:
LMAO

Nice one!
I agree about the firewall being useless, as for virus's as rlees85, they can easily be avoided, I still use McAfee as it has an on access scanner, any file accessed or downloaded is instantly scanned, just as I wrote this it said a worm was detected :D

did it then say: now your shafted!

my Norton said something simmilar on my old PC... we don't talk about it anymore :down:

When I was using XP, I used Nod32 or Avast Pro as antivirus software.

I had loads of spyware apps, every one of them finds things the other one doesent find.

I used router firewall, but you do need a software firewall to stop malicious apps making outgoing connections.

my dads pc has a 3600mhz AMD processor.... and with nortons 2006 it still uses 100% of the proccessing power........whats the point.... and it wont let you turn it off.....

so technicaly its a virus....:suspect:

my laptop uses XP pro with all updates from microsoft like critical patches and service pack 2 and it has been absolutely fine. i do not need any spyware or anti-virus softwares...........

A hardware firewall is just a software firewall running on an dedicated processor. Nearly all the consumer grade routers with firewalls have security vulnerabilities allowing you to bypass them.

I use Norton internet security, spybot and a router. I also dont let anyone else use my PC unsupervised. My brother just had to look at my PC and it would crash!

Norton does seem a bit resource hungry tho!

J

Back