Your a opinion.

anyone have any idea why the previous owner would block those two pipe . Do the connect yo those two pipes that goes in the that goes back in to the car for cooling. When the blower is on.
20190909_192057.jpeg
20190909_192226.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G615F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Is that like so it flows through engine still. Then they blocked the heater and cooling. To the cabin so nothing gets inside. Until a repair is made. Since maybe one of the pipes was split or cracked?
Other than that can't think of any other valid reason.

Last edited:
Is it not just like a loop as in similar to a water cooling loop on a computer?
One end sends the other returns..

And as they cut away at the firewall side that means there is a break possibly inside the dash the part that will be the most awkward to get into.
Where ever those left over pipes lead is where it should go to I assume they are still intact under the dashboard .

Last edited:
Will look like this the fins should be checked make sure it holds water and not drips if it does needs replaced.
Screenshot_2019-09-11-01-38-49_1.jpeg

Last edited:
The hardest part will be getting to it I'm sure

Try looking this link.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lyte
Will look like this the fins should be checked make sure it holds water and not drips if it does needs replaced.View attachment 64970

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Wow ok. Thanks a million bro. Just thinking about removing the dashboard alone seems like alot to do. But want it to be working so I will have ago at it some time. Noing the fact to that I have I water leak on the passenger side.i saw a rust hole down by the wind screen. Under that black gaurd from the engine bay.

If you know where the clips or bolts are it makes things much more simple.
At first I was afraid to prise at the trim. But its okay with a plastic trim tool or card.

Last edited:
it shouldn't matter which order the pipes go on, one is hot and one is return. From memory i believe the bottom pipe is hot and the top pipe is return. Without that connected up you will have no hot air in the car and no front window defrost

Not sure why someone would remove it but a leak would make sense. I'd be more concerned about how well they sealed up the pipes leaving the engine for now because they will be under pressure while the engine is running and the waterpump is turning, and if that fluid leaks out your engine will overheat.

fixing it will probably just require a replacement one. Find one that isn't leaking, and then tear half the dash apart trying to get it out from the firewall. Put the new one in, replace the bits you took off, and then connect the pipes back up in the engine bay. It's a big job, there is a manual on one of the sticky posts at the top and you can find pictures of micras with the entire interior removed when people have been building racing cars in the blogs section which should help you track down where it is and what to remove to get to it. If you have passenger airbags I might just get a professional to do it because removing those is dangerous.

You'll need the hoses form the engine to the heater too, I suspect at most you'll have one, loop on the engine, maybe none or cut though. IT's not difficult to do, looks frightening at first, more tedious and labourious to get through. And rememebering what part goes where when putting it back together, being organised helps, or take photos at various stages to see how it goes back together.

You'll need the hoses form the engine to the heater too, I suspect at most you'll have one, loop on the engine, maybe none or cut though. IT's not difficult to do, looks frightening at first, more tedious and labourious to get through. And rememebering what part goes where when putting it back together, being organised helps, or take photos at various stages to see how it goes back together.
I cut my hands to crap just doing the hoses to flush the matrix out, there's a lot of sharp stuff in the way

OP
OP
Lyte
I will do my best. I look under the passenger side for it but I don't see it yet. Like it is way back so behind. But I'm sure I will get it done but in the event that it is leaking can it be repair, like how a radiator is done.cause I may have to try to get one from a scrap car.And another the wind screen washer not working when I pull the wiper lever.

And the temperature gauge is going a little bit pass half way.but the fan is cutting in ok.

this might be because the fluid is low if there is a leak

washer bottle might turn out to just be a fuse, or the pump motor burnt out, or the washer bottle empty. The washer bottle and pump are both near your right headlight (as if you were sat in the car, left headlight if you're facing it), not sure where the fuses are but I think they're inside the car under your steering wheel

the location of the heater matrix is if you look into your passenger glovebox... you will see a box at the back which is your cabin airfilter, there is a weird cable shaped like an elongated + sign, one end of that goes to the slider that puts your air on recirculate or fresh the other end of that goes up to a blower which looks like the drum of a washing machine sort of, your heater matrix is above/behind that

OP
OP
Lyte

washer bottle might turn out to just be a fuse, or the pump motor burnt out, or the washer bottle empty. The washer bottle and pump are both near your right headlight (as if you were sat in the car, left headlight if you're facing it), not sure where the fuses are but I think they're inside the car under your steering wheel

the location of the heater matrix is if you look into your passenger glovebox... you will see a box at the back which is your cabin airfilter, there is a weird cable shaped like an elongated + sign, one end of that goes to the slider that puts your air on recirculate or fresh the other end of that goes up to a blower which looks like the drum of a washing machine sort of, your heater matrix is above/behind that
Ok I was to check the fuse yesterday but forgot to, washer bottle have water right now. But I don't hear the pump. Do I have to take off the right side fender to access the washer pump.thank you.

OP
OP
Lyte
Ok I was to check the fuse yesterday but forgot to, washer bottle have water right now. But I don't hear the pump. Do I have to take off the right side fender to access the washer pump.thank you.

Do can I try to put some water in the matrix heater from the engine bay and see if it is leaking from in side the car.i can block one end of the two pipes and fill with water through the other and see. Is possible cause the top pipe to me like piece is broken off.

Nope, you'll just need to replace it, the pipe will be too short, and the whole unit will need replaced. You don't want to do it twice, so may as well do it right first time.

OP
OP
Lyte
Nope, you'll just need to replace it, the pipe will be too short, and the whole unit will need replaced. You don't want to do it twice, so may as well do it right first time.

Hey i think the reason why some one block off the heater matrix pipes is because one is split at the end, probably all two may have been. So i stick a hose in the top end block the bottom and pour in water and saw the split at the bottom pipe. Sens then i did a fix bug i would line to see a diagram of where the hoses go for my engine i see were the ends block off ok on the engine. But some sort of loop i can't understand yet. Some other cars don't carry the set up like minds. May be because one is cvt and the other is Manual.