• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Yellowing headlights on K12 Nissan Micra....help

Dear all,

after purchasing my car the right headlights seems to get misty and yellowy.

Does anyone happen to know any remedies for this?

many thanks,

Chris

Its plastic. Cant really prevent it from becoming yellow, there are restoring kits available but its a process you have to keep doing again and again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Dear all,

after purchasing my car the right headlights seems to get misty and yellowy.

Does anyone happen to know any remedies for this?

many thanks,

Chris
Clean it up on the outside with slightly abrasive elbow grease & toothpaste or gentle bathroom cleaner cream used on bathes/washbasins (do not use CIF as too rough)

Do a test first in the worst corner.

Enjoy hard work at zero cost, cheaper than the gym? (y)

References;

Last edited:
So I found that using the toothpaste method was not that great. Made a difference not much though. Might have been because it was not standard white That's ment to be better for this. Also mixed with baking soda can help did not try though.
Had another go with bathroom cleaner and a drill attachment. Just to see if it would make the top more clear this worked a lot better for me.
Waiting for wet and dry sand paper to try that method.
Don't really want to use the sand paper.
Before and after of an actual k12 headlight would maybe help give more confidence with this method. Have only seen one done using Ajax (None hard scratching) or similar product.
(From a new owners tests so far)

Cost effective method

The ultimate guide to Headlight Restoration

Last edited:
When they get like that I find it's always a good idea to replace the headlamp, they're not that expensive.

"Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum.
This forum is dedicated to Micra Blogs for MSC members.
Please only post threads in here related to your own car and modifications."
My native language is Finnish, and I understand text above as: this isn't place for common failures of your vehicle, how to fix them, does someone knows how to repair something or most popular, radio code etc.
How difficult is it to understand simple guidance above, most cases in your own language? I'm just wondering :unsure:
Is this blog of your Micra?
-Mika-
mma
25 minutes ago

Mika The Finn Said:

What are you? the forum gestapo? Get a damned life mate! The only posts that are keeping this forum "active" are from members asking questions..... be it a "radio code" query or anything else, it's "activity".

Your last "blog" regarding your Micra 160SR was in April 2017, some 20 MONTHS ago! Since then you have spammed the forum, continuously, with the same message and I quote:

Get a damned life and stop acting like some self appointed "word" policeman. It's not everybody who spends every living moment writing a "blog" about their Nissan Micra...... some people have questions, some people need help and I would like to think that this forum was full of friendly, knowledgeable people, who were happy (through their combined knowledge / experience) to help fellow Micra drivers spend more time on the road than off it.

I don't know what your problem is but it seems to me it's a big one...... chill out ffs! Let's find out who runs this joint and have a discussion with them..... don't come in "guns blazing" quoting your usual crap about how you are Finnish and understand the rules therefore everybody else (that are English) are clearly unable to understand their own language and "rules" etc. etc. etc.

If you were the forum owner or a moderator then fair enough, your terms of condition would have to be abided by but you're not..........

Stop spamming your nonsense and start helping people with constructive replies based on your experience of owning / maintaining a Nissan Micra...... if you can't do that then you're as much use as a chocolate fire guard Mika.

Seasons Greetings, hope you and your Micra have a Happy 2019.