Xmods RC Cars

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
I was in good ol' halfords today when i came across these new "Xmods" RC Cars, now looking at them they look quite fun and i was thinking for £30...Whats to lose?!...

I havent bought one, but i was wondering if anyone else has seen them, i was temped to get one with a kit, with my £35 voucher...lol

EDIT: Sexy Civic...
civic-b-600.jpg

ive got one lol the white supra! and my bro has the yellow skyline lol they r a laugh... worth getting the upgrades for it tho

I have found that my one has a realy poor turning circle, the four wheel drive upgrade doesn't fit properly and sometimes locks the wheels when turning, if you have the 4wd upgrade don't bother with the top speed motors (stage 2 ones) as they don't have enough torque to move the car, but I would say the biggest fault, with mine anyways, is the low quality wireing they have used for all the electronics. I had to re solder 2 connections as the wires snapped.

I did mannage to fix the turning circle problem with a couple of resistors soldered between the large brown and large orange wires that go from the esc and the steering servo. (i used two 3.3k ohm 1/2w 5% carbon film resistors).

When it does work it is good fun.

PS I would say the ball bearing upgrade is the most worthwhile one.

Back