X-box 360 whats it like?

well like alot of people i was waiting for the PS3, but that isnt going to be out for a long while, so was thinking about getting a xbox 360,
has anyone got one?
what they like?
also i want to put it on the net what that like?

thanks
Grant

yeah with power it shall... its like 2 years newer or so, you have to expect it. The 360 is good though, ive got 8 games for mine now. Just waiting for 'lost planet' on jan 12th, its such a sweet game! :)

Have an x boc 360 here (james) I use the HD output into my TV and its pretty amazing, and I'm not a games player tbh!

my mate just picked one up brand new in the box still seald for £120 lol im hopfully getting one for the same price soon just hope it doesnt catch fire before i get it, hot hot hot :p

Have an x boc 360 here (james) I use the HD output into my TV and its pretty amazing, and I'm not a games player tbh!
Yeah its amazing in HD, unfortunately i broke my PGR3 disc so i'm gonna try and get a replacement.

I don't think the PS3 will embrace the online side of gaming enough to persuade me to get one, one of the best things the XBox has going for it is the Live system, even if you aren't very good at a game it just adds so much more stuff to do!

I can safely say I won't be buying a PS3, I managed to live without a PS2 (I had an Xbox 1) so I'm sure I can do without the PS3 too ;)

(I had an Xbox 1)

Yep and she went to a good home!

I dont get why people are Pro Xbox and anti Playstation and vice versa! Just take a step back and look at both for what they are, both excellent consoles with there positive and negative points.

Enjoy the best of both and buy them both! Cant go wrong then

Yep and she went to a good home!

I dont get why people are Pro Xbox and anti Playstation and vice versa! Just take a step back and look at both for what they are, both excellent consoles with there positive and negative points.

yer becuase i was like that i was so pro PS2 and really anti xbox but i dont know why cos i have never played one lol, you see the only thing it that look how many time the PS3 has been delayed, will it ever come out lol.

but tse_adam had the best idea which i might do.

Hello.....What about the Nintendo Wii??

This is all about Xbox 360 vs PS3. I've pre-ordered my Wii for release date 8th December :-D

Adding a whole new concept to gaming!!!

I've never played on a 360, nor do I want to. I've seen videos of it and the graphics do look amazing. But for release price of £179.99 the Wii is for me :D

wii looks good, but isnt as high end as the other two not that should stop anyone from getting one...after all the games are gonna be cheaper for a start.

PS3's online facility shouldnt be that far off from the xbox's, but sony are making it free to play online...though not sure how much / what level of free this'll be at the moment (unless they've announced recently, as i havent checked lol). But paying to be allowed to play seems a bit sly to be honest.

Some of the 360 vids looks nice and im not sure on game play as never had a shot off one.

Both consoles are pretty even stevens in the graphics department. It all falls down to the titles and online capability. However most games that were exclusive to Sony is moving over to Bill's except certain ones like final fantasy etc which i never liked anyway. Even Joypads are pretty much the same too with buttons in the same sort of spot and the only difference between them is microsoft's Live which was talked about by James.

Live has been on since xbox 1 and they have since further enhanced it, made it more user friendly, much much easier to get on and play with a stranger from some remote island somewhere. i could only see it get better and better as what they have got is time, a whole year's time to further develop the LIVE environment.

PS3 on the other hand will surely be hammered with bugs early on, online gaming is still relatively new to them and it will take some time getting used to or indeed improved to the level of Live from microsoft.

so verdict.......360....for now anyway, cannot promise anything after 3-4 years! :) kekeke

Both consoles are pretty even stevens in the graphics department. It all falls down to the titles and online capability. However most games that were exclusive to Sony is moving over to Bill's except certain ones like final fantasy etc which i never liked anyway. Even Joypads are pretty much the same too with buttons in the same sort of spot and the only difference between them is microsoft's Live which was talked about by James.

Live has been on since xbox 1 and they have since further enhanced it, made it more user friendly, much much easier to get on and play with a stranger from some remote island somewhere. i could only see it get better and better as what they have got is time, a whole year's time to further develop the LIVE environment.

PS3 on the other hand will surely be hammered with bugs early on, online gaming is still relatively new to them and it will take some time getting used to or indeed improved to the level of Live from microsoft.

so verdict.......360....for now anyway, cannot promise anything after 3-4 years! :) kekeke

PS2 has had online play the same amount/if not longer as the Xbox. No doubt that the PS3 will be riddled with bugs, but hopefully they will sort most out because of the pushed back date. The Xbox360 was riddled with bugs lol my mates onto his 5th one now, all have set on fire :)

wii looks good, but isnt as high end as the other two not that should stop anyone from getting one...after all the games are gonna be cheaper for a start.

PS3's online facility shouldnt be that far off from the xbox's, but sony are making it free to play online...though not sure how much / what level of free this'll be at the moment (unless they've announced recently, as i havent checked lol). But paying to be allowed to play seems a bit sly to be honest.

Some of the 360 vids looks nice and im not sure on game play as never had a shot off one.

No, the costs cover server maintenance, the PS2 was free to play online, but with un-maintained servers by the companies, it was slow, laggy and very unreliable, when a game was out of date. They stopped supporting it.

There is the simple fact that Xbox live on the original xbox was the BEST CONSOLE online gaming platform available.. Sonys playstaion could not offer the reliability or the support or the 'ease of use'...

Segas Dreamcast ( loved it ) started it all in the widespread way but was ultimatly hindered by the 56k integral modem not offering adequate ping rates to games and most games were limited to 4 player..

The 'ease of use' is the main thing that has propelled the xbox multiplayer online.. Its easy for sombody with little knowlage of online gaming to join and enjoy a 16person battle royal on halo2.... This simple fact made the xbox such a better console for me... I could get in with some mates ( greatly under the unfluence of alcohol ) and embark on killing some frenchies/krouts/yanks etc... then whip in a Racing game game and do the same..

I think ultimately with this newest generation of consoles, the online gaming aspect is as important as ever .. I hope Sony sort thiers out as the PS2's system was a joke in comparison...

Games wise I prefer the xbox as its got everything now its got GTA bar one game... GranTurismo.. Will it be worth me buying a PS3 for that one game... Not at its release price-tag.. maybe at half it..

why? its only GT4 with slightly better gfx and a bit extra content. Not worth £50 imo. Best waiting for GT5.

Another note to take into concideration.

If you read EDGE magazine you will know that Sony has all but admitted that its choice of using Blu-Ray Discs as its media format for the PS3 was a bad one and that its adopting a new software distribution stratagy..

Relying majorly now on the purchase of games online and the downloads of games... This is somthing I realy dont like the sound of, I dont like the idea I cant borrow a mates game!!!... Let alone potentially losing all your back catalogue if your console is damaged or stolen....

Sony 'putting its foot in its mouth again' ( EDGE's words ) has really given me less reason to look forward to the Sonys Mega expensive new console with a media type with a shelf-life of less than 5 years!!!.... good luck to them..

yes and adding to the blue-ray drive comment, its true it may be of better quality and can store bigger and better games. but its no doubt going to burn a hole in your pocket everytime you shop for a game.

360 games are like £49.99 already and i think thats only JUST affordable, anymore to that would be ridiculous.

at the end of the day, its only a game! o_O

Just wait a few years and keep playing the ps2 and xbox. Games are already excellent and will only get cheaper.

kristian said:
Games wise I prefer the xbox as its got everything now its got GTA bar one game... GranTurismo.. Will it be worth me buying a PS3 for that one game... Not at its release price-tag.. maybe at half it..
Everyone seems to say that, but I have 2 words and a number: Forza Motorsport 2 ;) hehe

tse_adam said:
yes and adding to the blue-ray drive comment, its true it may be of better quality and can store bigger and better games. but its no doubt going to burn a hole in your pocket everytime you shop for a game.

360 games are like £49.99 already and i think thats only JUST affordable, anymore to that would be ridiculous.
Well this has been the whole thing with the PS3s launch date slipping, they just can't produce enough of these drives! Also didn't I hear somewhere that with the cost of Blu-ray, Sony will originally be making a loss on all consoles they sell?

Once again MS had the right idea in my opinion, release the console with regular DVD and release an upgrade for HD-DVD when the format has matured and the technology is cheaper.

wont they be able to stick PS3 games onto regular DVDs since the PS3 is backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games?

They CAN, but Sony is trying to flog its Blu-Ray techonology... But as far as the Industry is concerned its already redundant with HD-DVD being rapidly adopted by EVERYONE...

Everyone seems to say that, but I have 2 words and a number: Forza Motorsport 2 ;) hehe

Well this has been the whole thing with the PS3s launch date slipping, they just can't produce enough of these drives! Also didn't I hear somewhere that with the cost of Blu-ray, Sony will originally be making a loss on all consoles they sell?

Once again MS had the right idea in my opinion, release the console with regular DVD and release an upgrade for HD-DVD when the format has matured and the technology is cheaper.

oh i wouldnt be so sure about that, grand turismo has always been nothing short of brilliant. the next instalment would be another cracker me thinks.

no surprise on them losing money, a blue ray player out there start from £900 onwards and they are selling theirs for how much? £460? :glance:

nevertheless, do try both as i am sure everyone thinking about buying a console will have experienced every console out on the market.
buy one sell one buy one sell one..........:laugh:

Why do industries always demand on having two competing formats??

NTSC vs PAL
Betamax vs VHS
Laserdisc vs DVD
DVD-R vs DVD+R
Blu Ray vs HD DVD

I know they like their name to be synonymous with that format, but who remembers who invented VHS? Or Laserdisc? Or the group behind DVDs? It's just pointless and does no good for the consumer!

tse_adam said:
oh i wouldnt be so sure about that, grand turismo has always been nothing short of brilliant. the next instalment would be another cracker me thinks.
Forza 1 was practically identical in the realism to GT4, and had better graphics, it just didn't have some of the features, it was less "arcade" based and more "real driving" based.

Lol this thread is so much based on opinions and little on fact. Regardless of anything its very healthy for competition to have two such good consoles. :)

indeed ed, as i always say, comes down to opinion in the end. Antony, specs dont make a console, if you believed that then the PS1 would have failed after just a few year but it lasted great for almost 10! :). Plus GT5 isnt gonna be out until 2008 or so.

Best comment I've heard so far.

Most gamers these days own both consoles.

Back in the day I was always a 1 unit man, till I tried the SNES, I loved it, then the Playstation, loved it, then tried the xbox, loved it.

The argument of which is better is a pointless one aswell as the technology in each is pretty different, we all know the PS3 is more powerful but it's down to the game makers to utilize that power in a cost effective way, I don't see anyone paying over £50 for any game!

Back