Wrap around spoiler installation

Need help with installing wrap around spoiler. No previous spoiler installed. Inside boot near the hinge gromets are present. Dont know yet if its the correct location. Or just stick it on with something and remove the bolts.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi mate
I have a base LX that had no rear spoiler ( though it dose now ) and a Super S that has the wrap around spoiler from the factory. The only difference I can see ( and I am by no means an expert on this ) is my S has two grommets under the hatch at either side which when they are removed you can see the bolt heads holding on the spoiler, I believe the lower part of the wrap around spoiler is just bonded to the hatch......

OP
OP
A
Hi mate
I have a base LX that had no rear spoiler ( though it dose now ) and a Super S that has the wrap around spoiler from the factory. The only difference I can see ( and I am by no means an expert on this ) is my S has two grommets under the hatch at either side which when they are removed you can see the bolt heads holding on the spoiler, I believe the lower part of the wrap around spoiler is just bonded to the hatch......
Thanks a lot mate. I looked on the spoiler and bottom of it got plastic slider on each side. So i wont be drilling any holes. Will just bond it to the back and fingers crossed it wont fall off...

Attachments

• 1476884267395477262425.jpg
    1476884267395477262425.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 639
  • 1476884296149-14261300.jpg
    1476884296149-14261300.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 719

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Fairly obvious to me that captive nuts were meant to be slid under the skin of the spoiler to match up with the holes in the hatch......... the cut-outs are there to allow it.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
AD9QMR's point was that his car has no spoiler previously fitted and so no holes in his hatch, so maybe not so obvious....
Comparing to the other car where the blanking plugs were fitted, covering the access to the fixings, it is obvious where the holes would need to be drilled, easily confirmed by measuring the hole centres for the fixing points on the spoiler..........

View attachment 51842 View attachment 51841 Hi mate

Hi Steve I have those grommets on my k11 s which does not have a spoiler, trying to get hold of a wrap around one. If i do how would I attach the spoiler using these grommets? And would i need to use sealant for the lower sides of the spoiler?

Hey OLeary, the wrap around type spoiler has two studs protruding from underneath the top section, take the grommets out of your tailgate and drill a hole in the centers so the spoiler sits flush with the tailgate and fit nuts onto the studs, the sides can be secured with silicon sealant. Alternatively just follow pollyp's suggestion.

Hey OLeary, the wrap around type spoiler has two studs protruding from underneath the top section, take the grommets out of your tailgate and drill a hole in the centers so the spoiler sits flush with the tailgate and fit nuts onto the studs, the sides can be secured with silicon sealant. Alternatively just follow pollyp's suggestion.
Sweet thanks sounds fairly easy I will be posting pics on here if I manage to find one for sale.

I'm back (didn't want to start a new thread) Just seen a wrap around spoiler on ebay but its being sold as part of the full boot lid, how hard do you reckon it would be to remove it? removing the top part should be easy enough if it's just 2 nuts but what about the sides?

I'm back (didn't want to start a new thread) Just seen a wrap around spoiler on ebay but its being sold as part of the full boot lid, how hard do you reckon it would be to remove it? removing the top part should be easy enough if it's just 2 nuts but what about the sides?

Really easy, like people have said its held on by two nuts and glue.

just be careful and take your time removing it, the spoilers made from brittle fibre glass/plastic.

Recently got mine painted and fitted.

Attachments

• glorious jellybean.JPG
    glorious jellybean.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,557
Hi guys, I am sorry to revive this old thread but anybody with a factory fitted spoiler could measure the diameter of the hole covered by the grommet? I would like to install a spoiler but would rather follow the official way. So the plan is to keep the bolts in the spoiler and to drill holes into the boot door.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi guys, I am sorry to revive this old thread but anybody with a factory fitted spoiler could measure the diameter of the hole covered by the grommet? I would like to install a spoiler but would rather follow the official way. So the plan is to keep the bolts in the spoiler and to drill holes into the boot door.
It's a pretty big hole and definitely larger than the bolt, and the nuts have big washers on them too

It's a pretty big hole and definitely larger than the bolt, and the nuts have big washers on them too
Hi, yep, I know but I don't know the diameter of the hole. I'll have to buy the proper hole saw and some grommets. Would like it to look nice and clean just like coming from the factory with a spoiler.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi, yep, I know but I don't know the diameter of the hole. I'll have to buy the proper hole saw and some grommets. Would like it to look nice and clean just like coming from the factory with a spoiler.
You won't need a hole saw, it's probably a 10 or 12mm drill bit and will fit in a standard half inch chuck

Hello everyone.
I'm giving away my legendary Micra. did you want to know, after removing the 2 nuts how do I remove the back spoiler? simply by slipping it up?
I Will miss my dear Micra.
What a car...

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk