Would this class as 2 yrs no claims

karlj

Club Member
I'll start from the beginning

:- Sept 2008 pass test and insure Punto through Swintons
:- Nov 2008 change of car to micra so change insurance mid term
:- Sept 2009 gain 1yr nc
:- Sept 2009 still driving micra but change insurance to Flux direct
:- Apr 2010 piston rings go so cancel insurance but got new micra and insured it through AA
:- Sept 2010 got another micra went to swap mid term but previous company no longer insures micras?? So had to start a new policy

So I've been driving for 2yrs without any claims and I've had continuous insurance without any breaks between companies would this class as 2yrs nc, or should I get in contact with my previous companies and get them to send me proof that I've had no claims even if i was with them for a short time

Noddie

Club Member
As far as i know, it doesnt count, the years have to be with one company (so they said when i asked). silly i know but what can you do?

OP
OP
karlj

karlj

Club Member
######## that's what I didn't want hear what about my current insurance cause that's not my fault

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Club Member
As far as i know, it doesnt count, the years have to be with one company (so they said when i asked). silly i know but what can you do?
they don't have to be with one company, they roll over well my bike ones did anyways :laugh:

What's important is what you can provide proof of so if the current insurer will give you a proof of no claims that says 2 years then you've got 2 years. A mate of mine complained to his insurer when they got his no-claims wrong when he was leaving them so they sent a new letter which said he had one more years no-claims than he had been driving - new insurer accepted it fine and that was that. On the opposite side I lost out when I went to Norwich Union (I think) the previous insurer had given me proof of 7 years no claims but when the policy ended they sent a letter saying I had 5 or more years no-claims so although the next company would have accepted the 8 years they would only give me 5 on the strength of the NU letter.

Iain

OP
OP
karlj

karlj

Club Member
just means i'll have to ring around my previous insurers and get them to send me through my no claims... fun

superls

K10 Tuner
from the first post, you have 1 years no claims. you have had a break in your second year so wont count.

OP
OP
karlj

karlj

Club Member
from the first post, you have 1 years no claims. you have had a break in your second year so wont count.
If you mean a break between apr 10 and sept 10 then no there isn't a break still had little red insured up until about a week, after getting the super s in september

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
The no claims is a bonus for being loyal to that company, generally. I don't think you'd get the 2nd years by the sounds of things. You can obviously say you've driven for two years without a claim but when they ask for proof, you won't have it.