would these alloys fit my car???

i was wondering about that myself for a long time, i was gonna get 15 inchs for mine but was told R15 would break my Hubs, looks like ill be buying alloys soon (Y)(Y)(Y)

i was wondering about that myself for a long time, i was gonna get 15 inchs for mine but was told R15 would break my Hubs, looks like ill be buying alloys soon (Y)(Y)(Y)

I've got 15" and I'm very happy with them. Just make sure you get 195/45/15 tires...

hey people i got the 15 inch alloys 195/50 and they fit nicely i think it would be better to have the 195/45 though

can you post up a pic of your 195/50s and a side pic...im guessing yours has been lowered as well, would a non-lowered be fine with them width wise (not sticking out past arches....at least not too much ;))

Has anyone gone for 16"s on a K11?

micrasr16inchedit.jpg

Ok folks, here for the first time on MSC .....

a picture of My car...........

Why am i so excited ? because this is the start of my mods
Its relavence here is that it is on 195 / 45 / 15s
so you will get an idea as to how they look on a standard Micra on correct offset rims. There are NO issues with clearance at all.
When picking this particular tyre size i calculated out the circumference of the standard 155 70 13 and compared tyre sises and sidewall ratio and found that the 195 45 15 gives the same circumference. therefore the speedo would still read correctly.
Hope that helps

Problem.......... I dont know how to upload my picture !!! Oh Bullocks !!!

Ok folks, here for the first time on MSC .....

a picture of My car...........

Why am i so excited ? because this is the stat of my mods
Its relavence here is that it is on 195 / 45 / 15s
so you will get an idea as to how they look on a standard Micra on correct offset rims. There are NO issues with clearance at all.
When picking this particular tyre size i calculated out the circumference of the standard 155 70 13 and compared tyre sises and sidewall ratio and found that the 195 45 15 gives the same circumference. therefore the speedo would still read correctly.
Hope that helps

Problem.......... I dont know how to upload my picture !!! Oh Bullocks !!!

use this http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm shows that 195/45/15s are 9mm bigger in dia. than the 155/70/13s

Surely if you sit the old wheel next to one of the new ones you would notice whether its bang on or there is 9mm or whatever difference. Trust your eyes instead of these dodgy calculators :wow:

I bet there's almost 9mm difference between different manufacturers 195/45/15's (or 155/70/13's for that matter) and there's definately going to me more than 9mm difference between the tyre when new compared to just before it's illegal. So what i'm satying is the difference heighlighted by the calculator probably doesn't really ammount to much.

Surely if you sit the old wheel next to one of the new ones you would notice whether its bang on or there is 9mm or whatever difference. Trust your eyes instead of these dodgy calculators :wow:

OK I give in :suspect: As far as i was concerned these tyres are the very best nearest equivilant to the "standard wheel and tyre combination that they replaced. ?

Malcolm

I bet there's almost 9mm difference between different manufacturers 195/45/15's (or 155/70/13's for that matter) and there's definately going to me more than 9mm difference between the tyre when new compared to just before it's illegal. So what i'm satying is the difference heighlighted by the calculator probably doesn't really ammount to much.

Thank You Markbognor

Alex
My tyres are brand new with 8mm of tread ? times two 16mm of tread, thats only on the diameter so on the circumference it would be much more. At what time in their life would you like me to measure them ?
Please Alex if you are going to contribute to discussions, please try not to pick insignificant holes in other peoples carefully researched input.

Malcolm

Alex
My tyres are brand new with 8mm of tread ? times two 16mm of tread, thats only on the diameter so on the circumference it would be much more. At what time in their life would you like me to measure them ?
Please Alex if you are going to contribute to discussions, please try not to pick insignificant holes in other peoples carefully researched input.

Malcolm

Excuse me but in what way have i been funny about anything i wrote? i posted a link that i thought may help others when it comes to the right tyre size and you then put that other link down and i then said that the one you put down is more accurate but it still stays theres a slight difference in dia and the circumference is an inch out to be precise. ok?

the calculators probably compare like for like eh (ie, new unused) and they cant take into account the differences in makes/manufacturers, so they,re only a guide aint they :grinning:

use this http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm shows that 195/45/15s are 9mm bigger in dia. than the 155/70/13s

So by using the statement above you WEREN'T questioning my calculations and allowances made for tread wear by bringing up a completely insignificant "factor" that you actually have NO knowledge of me using or not, Because after all i have explained quite clearly that the factor you have refered to is a useless guesstimate which varies throughout a tyres life.
So having diverted this perfectly good thread with your fantasticly useles opinion, perhaps we should let everyone get back to the subject.
Thanks awfully

Malcolm

So by using the statement above you WEREN'T questioning my calculations and allowances made for tread wear by bringing up a completely insignificant "factor" that you actually have NO knowledge of me using or not, Because after all i have explained quite clearly that the factor you have refered to is a useless guesstimate which varies throughout a tyres life.
So having diverted this perfectly good thread with your fantasticly useles opinion, perhaps we should let everyone get back to the subject.
Thanks awfully

Malcolm

actually the diameter is significant as the circumference is proportional to it and my useless guesstimate is as useless as yours if you actually thought about it. so how about you calm down yeah? as this is the internet after all and there is no point trying to be the internet hard man. just remember all i posted was a link and used the tyre sizes you provided and added a little bit of information.

I am fairly sure any one who reads this Now wasted page will make up there own minds. So please leave it now.
I am quite happy to agree to disagree.

Just a quick ps

from post No 31 "OK I give in As far as i was concerned these tyres are the very best nearest equivilant to the "standard wheel and tyre combination that they replaced. ?" UNQUOTE

NOW may we please get this thread back on track.

Malcolm

Sorry mate what "gap" is it that you have? :suspect:
Between arch and tyre... needs lowering! :grinning:

Also on another note noone mentioned wheel widths which is also a factor as he is looking at 7J which is quite wide compared to a standard steelie.

Link for viewing pleasure: CLICKY!

Example of 15" x 6.5J on 195/45 'Sunny' tyres ET 38

K117.jpg

K116.jpg

20100725_001.jpg

Back