would rover 100 alloys fit k11?

Just being offered a full set of rover 100 13" alloys with perfect tires for an amazing price but im unsure wether or not they will fit. Please help..John

:k11yellow Lets gooo!!!!!!!!

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
No the centre bore is too small
I went round a scrapyard for hours trying out various wheels and the only ones I found fitted were renault and nissan

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Maybe you should follow the rules, I actually have experience, what I say is based on trial fitting wheels not some ebay page that could quite easily be wrong.
Rover wheels went onto the micra studs no problem but didn't sit over the hub as the centre bore was too small

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Quick google search found this:

Rover:
Model Year PCD Offset Bore
200 / 400 90 to 99 4x100 35 to 42 56.1
25 / 45 99> 4x100 35 to 42 56.1
600 93 to 99 4x114 35 to 42 64.1
75 99> 5x100 42 to 50 56.1
800 86 to 96 4x114 38 to 45 64.1
Steetwise 03> 4x100 38 to 45 56.1

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
You're not very good at accepting that you're wrong are you? You're wrong I'm afraid...... lets leave it at that for now.

Hopefully someone else will come along and confirm this for the original poster, I'm sure he'll be a little confused by this now.

How can I be wrong when I have actually physically placed the wheels on the car, you obviously can't accept the fact that google may actually be wrong.

superls

K10 Tuner
How can I be wrong when I have actually physically placed the wheels on the car, you obviously can't accept the fact that google may actually be wrong.

i have too tried rover wheels and they were 100 pcd, not sure of the year of the car they were off, but they were rover wheels with a pcd of 100mm

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
lol this remind me of the time i had the ford feista pepper pot alloys on my first micra they fitted perfectly with no problems and are a different pcd according to google, dont trust everything thats on the internet better to try things for yourself when it comes to wheels i reckon

The only person on this thread with the correct answer

gets this. I'm sorry but can someone explain to me how this post can be viewed as attitude to others please???????????????

You have received an infraction at Micra Sports Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Pugboxter,

You have received an infraction at Micra Sports Club.

Reason: attitude towards others
-------
Please adjust your attitude when dealing with others
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?p=325818

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc98
All rover wheels are 4x100 apart from the 800 which has a 4x114 pattern

Sorry you're wrong, they have a 95.25 PCD

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Alloy-whee...00000001037254

Try to follow the simple rules please

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=23427

All the best,
Micra Sports Club

All rover wheels are 4x100 apart from the 800 which has a 4x114 pattern

See forum rules below

Idiots guide to this site, before you ask/answer questions READ THIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight to the point, due to the untold amounts of frankly inaccurate misleading and potentially dangerous questions and answers given by members on the site, we have decided to make attempts to bring the content back into line with what it once was.

The following rules MUST BE adhered to, or you will simply find your posts deleted without warning.
Golden rule number one. Unless you have ACTUAL PHYSICAL EXPERIENCE and PROOF of something you are recommending/posting to others, DON'T BOTHER POSTING. I.e. DON'T post about something your mate told you, what you have read on wikipedia or what some bloke told you down the pub. There is a major issue right now with comments that outright nonsense and this must stop. Your posts will be deleted if they are viewed to be inaccurate or just misleading.

Cheap mods: Generally these don't work and are a con. Questions about cheap electric ebay fans/RC motors to make boost on your engine, other stick on engine tat will no longer be tolerated, and will be removed as soon as they are spotted. This kind of garbage does nothing to your car or you except to empty your wallet, and only serves to mess the site up.

ENGINE CONVERSIONS If I had a hot meal for every.. etc, Its been covered a million times. Use the SEARCH FUNCTION don't post on this site if you want to read a step by step guide to doing it. Its too involved and if your not able to work the most of a conversion alone, this is not the place to find out how to.

DO NOT GIVE OUT BAD PRATICE AS QUICK FIXES FOR PROBLEMS. For example. Eggs in radiator to solve leaking water leaks or other such horrendous advice. Offer quality and safe advice if any, otherwise JUST DON'T BOTHER.

More will be added as we think of it, Bottom line is stop with all the rubbish and think before you post.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rover 100's have a 95.25 PCD, that makes the message incorrect, does it not, so I simply pointed out the forum rules with a smile, believe it or not there was a little light-hearted banter there from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I'm not trying to start an argument here but let it go, the mods have decided that you had a bad attitude, and maybe I didn't help.
Normally I would have took what you first said in a light hearted way but I had a bad day, I'm sure if you appeal to mods BY PERSONAL MESSAGE they will take another look at what was said here and reconsider your infraction.
Again soz for causing trouble

I don't balme you or the other poster who had a go at me, there's nothing wrong with a healthy exchange of views, I don't get worked up by that sort of thing. BUT I do get worked up when HUGH the mod comes along after the thread had died and starts deleting and editing posts and then has the cheek to send me an infraction for said exchange.

Now I don't know about you but I was always taught to say sorry, please and thankyou, two of those words which I used in the post in question.

I believe HUGH owes me an apology over this and believe that he is the one with the attitude problem.

Thanks for reading and have a pleasant day all. :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Take 24 hours to think before you type. If you have a complaint, fine.. You can talk to us in private. Posting this in public and wanting an apology? Grow up.

Just a quick post to say I'm back!

I've had my infraction revoked and my one week bad lifted, I'm afraid I can't go into all the details (swarn to secrecy ;) )

I'll try to be a bit more gentle with my posts now that I realise that you are quite a sensitive bunch on here.

Please be nice

Pugboxter :)

well... where to start..
First of all thankyou for every one who has posted info on the thread im sorry i havent being on recently but college has being hektic and need to get work done before the end of the year. I would have being pleased if the alloys would have fitted on my micra but must just have not meant to be..

oooh and im pleased ur gunna b less argumentative and b*i*t*c*h*y from now on pugboxter but apart from that as ive said thanks to everyone for answering my query and merely questioning others advice believing it to be wrong.. quite rightly so..

Antony

Ex. Club Member
why does nobody ever actualy ask the guy that sold wheels for a living?...lol

Rover 100 and metro wheels are different PCD's, the rover metro uses the same 4x95.25mm pcd as the MGF convertable. and actualy uses most of the same hub carriers as the mini.
the rover 100 have a 4x100 pcd with different centre bores depending on what model it is. the 114GTI has a larger centre bore than the 111 for instance.

now on another note. ALL ford 4 studs since the early 60's have been 4x108mm. a micra has allways been 4x100mm pcd. the only way a set of ford wheels would fit micra hubs is if either your wheels arent off a ford, or your hubs are so knakered the studs actualy move by 8mm!

i have posted some info in the FAQ thread about wheel fitments. please read it.
Honda wheels fit
Toyota wheels fit
Mazda wheels will fit with centre bored out
Rover wheels fit (after 1995)
basicaly, if it came in a 4x100 fitment then they will fit the studs, but the centre bore may be different. if its bigger, no problem you can get some spigot rings. if its smaller your kind of stuffed unless you know a cheap machine shop.

Robb

Site Supporter
Off topic but how important is it to match the centre bore with aftermarket/other wheels on a micra? Or to use spigot rings? I understand the importance but for example when i had 20mm spacers on the rear the only thing keeping the wheel centred were the extended bolts. :eek:

Only interested as im after some very snazzy wheels poss. in a few months. (Y)

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
If the wheel nuts are tapered, which they are, there is no real need to centre the wheels because the taper does that. Just don't go massively tightening one nut before the others, finger tighten opposites then tighten opposites with the wheel brace/socket and bar whatever. Contrary to popular belief the center bore is there to help line the wheel up on fitting not to provide support for the wheel while in use. Thats the reason why spigot rings are plastic. Its the friction generated between the mounting surfaces by doing the wheel nuts/bolts up to the required tourque that keeps the wheel in place.

Some cars do not even have a protruding center to the hub. Though the only example i can currently think of is wide five beetles.

Anyhow if you are in the habit of buying wheels from scrappers, swap meets or autojumbles and you want to check the PCD of what you are buying click the link in my sig.

Stani1029

Club Member
who actually cares that much they have to argue about it, if you want to find out if they fit then go to the guy whos selling them (if he stays near that is) and try them on, if they dont fit dont buy them!

keyfob for a 2000yr model micra

Has this always been the case? (See below) or is it something that has just come in?

Sorry I know I'm off topic but can't now post to ask the question, looks like it will be my last post on the forum...............................

The following errors occurred with your submission
I am sorry but you have exceeded the maximum allowed posts for a non-member. To allow unlimited posts, please click here to join the MSC for as little as £10 per year.

You will receive posting privileges for the non technical forums within the hour.

Okay