Would like some info on tyre sizes and alloys!

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
As you all know I want to put some alloys on my car (probably after the wedding in May)

I just wanted to know what is the best tyre sizes to put on 14" alloys and 15" alloys? Think I'll prob just go for 14s at first and see how I like them.

I currently have 13" steelies on with 155/70/13 tyres.

Thanks in advance guys
Haylz

Go for 15"s, if you do the best tyre size is 195/45/15!Your car will be on stilts but if you lower it 35mm looks sweet!!!!

im not sure to be honest, i have 185/60/14's on mine, as they are pulsar wheels, and obviously the tyres were brought when the wheels were actually on a pulsar. so there donuts on mine :D

Image022.jpg

I like those wheels, I reckon black wheels would add a nice touch to my car as it's red with black trim!! :grinning:

If you check the selling section Paddymarsden is selling a set of alloys for £100 complete with tyres that look quite nice. :wasntme:

165/60 14 are the standard size of tyres on a 14" wheel. although i'm looking to put some 185/55 14 on as these are more or less the same diameter give or take a couple of mil. and i think they will be cheaper aswell.

Been having a look round the internet at various wheel and tyre packages.

Most 15" packages come complete with 195/45/15 tyres. Are these ok to go on without rubbing at all and also will my speedo still read correctly with this size on?

they shouldn't rub and are the closest matched tyres in 15" to the standard tyres so the speedo should be about the same.

Well, I said I was gonna wait until after my wedding before I bought wheels but I found these on edworthy's site and I'm gonna have to try and finance them somehow.

MVK10.jpg

what does everyone think? do you think they'll suit my car?

Only problem is they're 15's and I can't afford to lower until after my wedding (that's a definite lol)

How bad will it look until I can afford to lower it? fwn

Haylz, I have just got some 15's OZ's with 195/45/15 Toyo T1-S's, I am going to fit them on my standard suspension set up, will run it for a week or so before it gets lowered to 50mm, will let you know what its like on standard springs.

Cheers mate, I'm completely undecided what I'm gonna do about wheels at the mo :laugh:

If I have my sensible head on then I wanna wait til after the wedding.

but if I have my impulsive head on I think what the heck, buy some wheels.

so I think I'm gonna go somewhere in between and buy secondhand, there's a few breakers yards around here which sell on refurbished ones. I also have a mate who may be selling some TSW 5-spokes of his Civic CRX which I'm told will fit so I think I'll try and arrange something with him

THanks for all your help guys, this site has been a huge help to me since I got my lil micra. :grinning:

Grant said:
can you put 15" on a standard micra and still get full lock and be a comfortable ride?

I have 15'' OZ's with 195/45/15 Toyo T1-S's on my Micra, completely standard suspension set up and lock to lock is fine!

No difference in ride as yet (not until I get all my suspension gear on next week!) plus it is more stable at high speed than the 14'' I had on before.

Back