Woohoo I broke a 12 (and a driveshaft)!

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Well today was the perfect day for racing at Crail...

Cold
Dry
and DEAD!

There were maybe 40 cars there at most so queueing was minimal!

Anyways, I upped the boost to 15 psi by adjusting the actuator as the Turbosmart contoller is spiking like mad.

With my shi**y (yet hard wearing) 195 Maxis tyres I was running consistently in the low 13's with as usual no traction in 1st & 2nd gears. I thought that I would try something different and short shift into 2nd gear and it paid off big time...

The result...

12.859 @ 123 mph

I think that means a new Scottish FWD record but I may not be correct!

I tried a few more attempts to get lower times but after mis-shifting the next two runs and then finally breaking the n/s driveshaft (again) on my final run, that was the best time I could muster.

Luckily Mr. RAC was there to help and with any luck the car will be back for some competition next year again!

Good finish to the year, as all I wanted was to run a 12!

Thanks to everyone who has helped!

Cheers

Dave

congrats mate, really good to hear - hope the car stays in the club for a long time

thats insane! well done.

i think this should be featured in the news letter, altho the editorial team are prob already thinking/doing it lol

Great stuff!!! Mad time from a little micra, but great to see. Hope you get the drive shaft sorted soon, sure you will do. :)

Good effort mate. Amazing that a Micra is only 2-3 seconds slower than a Lancer with 850bhp. Keep up the good work and lets hope it gets into the 10s

yeah sorry didn't mean to sound like that, was just a general comment.

re-read what you put and see whta ya mean 300bhp fwd nearly same as 850bho 4wd. is very impressive all the same :)

Dr Zoidberg said:
yeah sorry didn't mean to sound like that, was just a general comment.

re-read what you put and see whta ya mean 300bhp fwd nearly same as 850bho 4wd. is very impressive all the same :)

No bother at all ;)

I live just up from the crossroads...

What is your MSN sign-in name thing??? (You know what I mean!)

As for 10's, nah, I wasn't planning on it. I was aiming for 12's and I know for a fact that it has the potential to run 11's.

The black Pulsar is Sam Elliott's!

I will be back for next season!

And the driveshaft has been fixed...Back on the road baby!

Dave

Wow well done!, love the exterior of the car!, a real sleeper, you should put some chavish mods on, to intimidate saxos

that things a ******* rocket, the second half of that vid where it is "in-car" first bounce bounce bounce, second bounce bounce bounce then third and bang your flying up to 100mph in no time at all, that things unreal. awesome stuff mate truly awesome.

Do not evade the swear filters

Sick is the only word that comes to mind, I was laughing my ass off as this is the first time I have seen the accelration characteriatics at first hand it was exactly how I imagined it, It really goes like a rocket once you get postiive traction, in fact it sounded that good and looked so crazy im off to have another look. By the way have you used a DE and turbo`d it as opposed to using a Pulsar DET? I notice you havent got the pulsar plenum on the back of it. Do you fancy letting me in on your knowledge as Im breaking my GTIR to do the same conversion. I work for a well known UK Nissan Tuning Outfit so the conversion should be easy enough as the lads in the bodyshop can do the modding and painting and I can fit the engine and hook up the Pulsar loom ;) Good work once again.

Id love to be in that thing next to a Scooby or something similar lmao 3rd gear on the motorway hehe PRICELESS!!

Yeah that's where it is at. Once it gets into 3rd it's off. It took approx. 6 seconds to go from 70 mph to 123 mph.

That's supercar territory there mate!

The engine is a hybrid of many SR20 engines, inc. Almera, Sunny, Primera and 200sx parts.

It's an eGT head and intake that is on it as it flows better than the Almera setup. I didn't want the Pulsar setup, because the intake sticks out a lot further and I wasn't happy with the 4 throttle setup!

If you need to know anything on the swap...email me at..

dave bull . little bandit @ hotmail . co . uk

REMOVE THE SPACES!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Back