Wont start, immobilizer?

Hi i'm really hoping you can help as i'm stuck
I have a 2003 plate Micra with around 80,000 miles on the clock, had it for 3 months and it been fine, but i was driving down the motorway and it cut out a week ago, I had to get the AA out and they couldn't find out the problem and i have since taken it to an auto electrician locally and there stuck.
when I turn the key the dash lights come on along with the immobilizer light that stays permanently on, the cooling fan starts going but when I turn it to start her up nothing happens, not even a noise from the starter motor, i have had the key checked and that is working fine. Is there a likely culprit?
Any help would be extremely appreciated
thanks
ben

Have you got it fixed? If not,try turning the key to acc and leave it for about 20mins. After that time,turn key to off then attempt to start the car.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Dont suppose you've tried jumpstarting it? if so, i messed up something with my airbags and my car refused to start, all electronics where fine but the starter wasn't making a noise, i ended up removing the airbag fuse, and it started straight up first time, refitted fuse and has worked fine ever since.

Hi i'm really hoping you can help as i'm stuck
I have a 2003 plate Micra with around 80,000 miles on the clock, had it for 3 months and it been fine, but i was driving down the motorway and it cut out a week ago, I had to get the AA out and they couldn't find out the problem and i have since taken it to an auto electrician locally and there stuck.
when I turn the key the dash lights come on along with the immobilizer light that stays permanently on, the cooling fan starts going but when I turn it to start her up nothing happens, not even a noise from the starter motor, i have had the key checked and that is working fine. Is there a likely culprit?
Any help would be extremely appreciated
thanks
ben

hi Ben check the fuse box with the four fuses adjascent to the positive battery terminal, they have a habit of corroding and cutting out sections of the car circuits.
hope this works
wheeltapper

Back