Wonky steering wheel

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Help, my steering wheels wonky!

I had suspected it was a bit off before, but just had my car lowered, new wheels fitted and the tracking sorted, and it's really noticeable now.
With the wheels facing straight ahead the steering wheels as if you were turning to the right (around 30degrees I'd say, so it's pretty annoying).
The car isn't pulling to one side or anything so I'm not sure why the wheel would be wonky in the first place?

The garage has said give it a couple of days for the suspension to settle then take it back and they'l try sorting it.. What would be involved? THe only thing i could think of is removing the steering wheel and putting it back on straighter?

Cheers for any help!

rob

that,s some dodgy tracking :suspect: , they,re supposed to clamp the steering wheel straight ahead before the set the tracking

That's what i thought to be honest, but they were shutting and as they had fitted me in that day, the car wasnt pulling to either side, and they agreed to sort it in a couple of days anyway i took the car away

Ah, so if they just redo the tracking (with the wheel where it should be) It'l be good again? :)

micra steering wheels sit off make sure your wheels are straight take the steering wheel off and put it on straight thats what i done

Yeh if you take it back im sure all they will do is take the steering wheel off and put it on straight

The only way it could have gone like that is through the tracking they did..

My old 1.0 steering wheel was out, but not that bad, put it down to not being straight last time it was tracked also.

just disconnet the battery for half an hour so the air bag doesnt go off, take the plastic covers off the sides and bottem of the steering wheel...undo the air bag bolts. and undo the wheel nut. and fit the wheel straight..

presumming that you have a standard steering wheel on...lol

Back