With Gearbox is better?

Hi, I have the1.4 micra engine in the car but takes ages getting to top gear, would it work if i took the 1.4 gearbox out and put the 1.0 gearbox in the 1.4 engine for closer gear ratios?
Thanks Karl and sorry about the title i meant (which gearbox is better)

The 1.0 box will make a big difference.

For the best ratios you want the 1st facelift 1.0 box, however this is for the dizzy engine and I think if you are running the 1.4 coilpack engine you need an additional hole for the flywheel sensor.

I use the 1.0l coilpack box and flywheel on my 1.4l coilpack, i find the ratios nicer. As it doesn't have a dizzy it has a crank angle sensor on the gearbox for the ignition control.

I use the 1.0l coilpack box and flywheel on my 1.4l coilpack, i find the ratios nicer. As it doesn't have a dizzy it has a crank angle sensor on the gearbox for the ignition control.

Ah! Right so i should take the flywheel of the 1.0l engine place it on the 1.4 and then the 1.0 gearbox, whats your accelatraion like then?

The 1.0 box will make a big difference.

For the best ratios you want the 1st facelift 1.0 box, however this is for the dizzy engine and I think if you are running the 1.4 coilpack engine you need an additional hole for the flywheel sensor.
I was under the impression it was the final facelift 1.0 box with the shortest ratios, is this not the case?

Ah! Right so i should take the flywheel of the 1.0l engine place it on the 1.4 and then the 1.0 gearbox, whats your accelatraion like then?
Yes that's what I did. You could even lighten the flywheel further. The 1.0l fly is 2kg lighter by the way. The acceleration is excellent and I get the benefit of being able to set off in 2nd easily also, due to the extra torque of the 1.4l.

Yes that's what I did. You could even lighten the flywheel further. The 1.0l fly is 2kg lighter by the way. The acceleration is excellent and I get the benefit of being able to set off in 2nd easily also, due to the extra torque of the 1.4l.

Sounds great! Will hopefully start this on monday. Am going to place a tempest 1.0 Box into it and it should fit ok you think..

Yes if it's a coilpack box its a straight swap. Put new driveshaft seals in the box as they have a tendency to leak when disturbed. They're about £7 each from Nissan. I use 75/80 gearbox oil. The 80/90 is too thick when cold.

Back