wishbone rear bolt spining.

Hey you guys.

Im by no means a mechanic, but i managed to change the wishbones, ball joints and rod ends on my golf, so thought it must be easier on the missus k11 1.0s 2001 micra. Dont know where the logic came from for that idea :D

Everything went smooth.. ish. The thing that has me stumped is the 2 bolts at the rear, holding the clamp/rear bush. The inside one came off no problem, the outside one was a bit stiff, loosened up and started coming off (wd40'd in advance) .. then crack!!! Feels like the nut it screws into has un-welded itself, now the bolt just spins.

I thought cut the bugger off and stick a locknut or something on.. but i have no idea where to access the de/un-welded nut.

any ideas?

thanks

Cheers frank, since I made the post Ive looked all over and scratched my head many times.. I was tempted to go through the floorpan, but to be honest I didnt have the balls to start hacking bits apart . My next idea would make many on here cringe, I managed to tap the hole left behind (about 1.5mm thick), then was going to fill up with chemical metal, drill and tap that for a bit extra strength.. was going to be a temporary fix till my mate can weld in properly..

Floor pan it is!!! Thank for the confidence boost :)

frank

Club Member
just bladder a masonry nail upwards next to the bolt arnold, and cut a flap where it appears :)
the upper skin adds little structure tbh, its the lower skin that is chassis thickness that has all the strength, and that is spot welded all around